Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Andy on August 07, 2006, 03:53:00 PM

Title: Clutch plates
Post by: Andy on August 07, 2006, 03:53:00 PM
Hi I have a 1976 F1 ,,, when I took the clutch apart I found an odd combination of disks I have 7 friction plates and 5 of the smoother disks .
What is the right number and combination of disks and plates ..
Title: Re:Clutch plates
Post by: JonnyB on August 11, 2006, 12:50:05 PM
Hi Andy,

There should be

one friction plate with diagonal grooves
6 pressure plates
6 normal friction plates
Title: Re:Clutch plates
Post by: Andy on August 14, 2006, 09:28:23 AM
Thanks for your help John   and that explains the endless problems I have had trying to adjust the clutch

I had one friction plate with vertical grooves , six with diagonal groves and five of the smother preasure plates..