Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: philward on May 22, 2014, 09:49:25 PM

Title: Chroming
Post by: philward on May 22, 2014, 09:49:25 PM
Hi all
Just a bit of feedback on some chroming I've had done by a company in my area (Northwest). I had CB750k2 rear mudguard chromed by RS chrome in Manchester (http://www.rschrome.co.uk) and have just got it back.  Outer chroming is excellent but surface rust still evident underneath/in recess between mounting flange and mudguard/wiring clips. Cost £65 plus vat and insured delivery. (about £110 ish total). 3 week turnaround.
Mudguard was generally good but with lots of minor pitting to outer visible chrome and surface rust in area's mentioned above.
I didn't clean surface rust off as I assumed they would derust whole mudguard and didn't want to mess up their process.
Moral of story I suppose is ask what prep they need before sending.  Overall though good price, service and chrome on visible chrome area
Just thought feedback would be valuable for other members
Phil
Title: Re: Chroming
Post by: Ewan 500 K1 on May 22, 2014, 10:43:36 PM
I got this lot done by Cumbria Metal Finshers ... £120 all triple plating. 

http://cumbriametalfinishingltd.co.uk/

Didnt need to post , so less chance of f*** ups as they're just 7 miles down the road. Place is owned and run by a couple of young lads who bought there kit off a plating place in Carlisle thats stopped doing chrome