Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Lobo on May 24, 2014, 02:30:54 AM
-
Morn all,
About to put new rims on the bike, and whilst at it overhaul the hubs. Confused, as ordered (K2) cush's off ebay .... which don't match what I have on my bike. I think I've been done... are they F1 parts? (as below pic)
And, more importantly, where can I get the correct parts (ie the tear drop shape - see below)
My cushs - 8 pieces... are larg'ish & tear drop shaped, and in 2 colours... maroon & black, denoting which side they sit in the drive hub. But, they visually don't match my Honda manual... so I'm left wondering whether my hub is a '72 CB750. Sorry, no pics at hand of my bike. Comments? Ta.
-
I would say you need to post up a picture of your hub if possible
pete
-
Lobo, something is not right. Did you get them delivered by Citi Link ? ;) As Pete says, need a picture.
-
Thanks Pete / Trig,
The cushs from a private seller... I ordered them months ago, and recently changed the swing arm bushes. At this point I found the cushs not compatible. Too late to return - a few squid wasted until I sell 'em on.
So, next job to replace the alloy rims ... and plan to do the bearings / cushs. I work away from the bikes, and ideally want to come home with all parts on the bench ready to crack on. But I'm stuck now - my 750's cushs are sorta tear drop, or #9 shaped, and from memory about 2" long. Pete was right - should have taken a bloody pic.
There is nothing about the rear wheel that 'rings alarm bells' - the hub gives the impression of being original. But... maybe it's not. Any K2 owners out there with a torn down drive hub pic / cushs - would be much appreciated.
Simon
-
Well, this is embarrassing...
I reckon this below hub may well be mine... but my cushs aftermarket & re-shaped into 'opposite' tear drops... or mirror # '9's... if you get what I mean. The current cushs sit in the 'sculpted' areas, with the (4) square drive bosses in the middle... perhaps this is totally wrong. Maybe, just maybe I have the right parts?
Not obvious to a oik like me, and fingers crossed...
Does this look right for K2 owners?
Simon
-
Ok... just dug out my ebay receipt for OEM parts #41024-300-000 / Damper set / Rear Wheel; the original pic showing the Honda parts bag accompanying them. Indeed this is what I received; but sitting here - away from the bike - I have my doubts.
B.llocks.
-
;) nowt wrong wiv em
-
So Steff... you're saying the latest ebay parts I've pictured are the ones in the nice pic of the hub? They don't look the same to me...
-
;) first pic I saw was k2 cush drives these superceded the ones you show in last pic now I could take them off your hands if surplus to requirement ;)
-
no not the same but better because more rubber cushion on later ones
-
::) rite I think im on the same wavelength as you now the second set will fit although they are for earlier models k0 and possibly k1 I do have a set of k2 rubbers in a hub somewhere if you not happy bout using them ones but I need to look for them if you want a swap or summit ;)
-
My parts diagram specifies the (latest) pictured cushs as CB750, K1,K2, and these are what I have (NOS). Looking at the pics I find it hard to believe they'll fit... but will not commit to anything until I've now got it all apart in my hands. Will get back to you in a month when next home if no use to me.
Cheers.
PS - thanks for your help - much appreciated...