Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: MarkCR750 on May 26, 2014, 04:40:43 PM
-
No it's not mine!!!, I just saw this on ebay, a good head start for anyone wanting to build one.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CR750-Replica-Classic-Racing-Or-Parade-Bike-/271504578756?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item3f36ef18c4
-
Seems like a good buy if your into these machines, most of the hard work is done
pete
-
There's a better one, but you'll need deep pockets
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1971-Honda-CR750-Race-Replica-/161313034800?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item258f019230 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1971-Honda-CR750-Race-Replica-/161313034800?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item258f019230)
and if its the bike I think it is, it has magnesium four bolt fork sliders.
Cheers
Eric
-
It's been up for sale for a while, no good for me though Eric, my pockets are stitched across very close to the top!, it's a good price though, I don't think many people appreciate just how much it costs to make one of these (forum members probably do), especially when having magnesium sliders made etc (mine has the original K7 sliders and a hundred other short cuts!) i.e. I am trying to justify spending £700 on a set of CR carbs at the moment, I was going to use the original PD's but the CR's look so good!!.
P.S. if anyone has a set of CR29's for sale ....... :)
-
It's a good price especially when you realise the amount of time and effort that has gone into it. Lots of replica parts and some genuine ones as well, none of which come cheap. Have a search for 'A CR750 Build' on the US site. Comes up with Google search as well. Some of you may have seen it already.
Eric
-
I can recommend the CR's. I've got the 31's on mine.
I've tried to post a pic, but the file is apparently too big. That the snag with these modern cameras
Eric
-
It's a good price especially when you realise the amount of time and effort that has gone into it. Lots of replica parts and some genuine ones as well, none of which come cheap. Have a search for 'A CR750 Build' on the US site. Comes up with Google search as well. Some of you may have seen it already.
Eric
I see what you mean Eric, that ones awful isn't it,.... how could he have got it all so wrong!, only kidding of course it's superb, how long til completion?.
-
How long to completion? Not the foggiest idea !
It's all down to waiting for others to supply the last few remaining parts that I require. Namely a replica fuel cap, and a magneto. Guy Coulon of Tech 3 fame is supposedly making them for me, but once the GP season starts there is little hope of getting anything until the end of the season. Meanwhile I have another option for the fuel cap, but again it's taking its time to materialise. Once I've got my hands on one I can get the bike painted - candy topaz orange of course. I've got an Electrex World self generating ignition system on at the moment, but its just a fraction too wide and fouls the fairing. The only other part I need is the front fender, which I'm currently part way through making.
Think I've got a smaller sized image of my road bike, affectionally known as K9
Cheers
Eric
-
How long to completion? Not the foggiest idea !
It's all down to waiting for others to supply the last few remaining parts that I require. Namely a replica fuel cap, and a magneto. Guy Coulon of Tech 3 fame is supposedly making them for me, but once the GP season starts there is little hope of getting anything until the end of the season. Meanwhile I have another option for the fuel cap, but again it's taking its time to materialise. Once I've got my hands on one I can get the bike painted - candy topaz orange of course. I've got an Electrex World self generating ignition system on at the moment, but its just a fraction too wide and fouls the fairing. The only other part I need is the front fender, which I'm currently part way through making.
Think I've got a smaller sized image of my road bike, affectionally known as K9
Cheers
Eric
Yes I have had a few let downs from suppliers along the way, the phrase "suppliers are liars" is too often true, hope it's not too long until you receive your bits, I'm looking forward to seeing the end result.
I get my fairing/tank/seat unit back from the painter tomorrow, can't wait to see it all (hoping not to be disappointed!!), I'll post pics tomorrow.
K9 certainly looks the part, what jets have you used to suit the pods and 4 into 1?, I need to re-jet my PD's if I can't bring myself to buy the CR's.
-
I think i am in the wrong business if CR750 are going for that price.
-
It will probably have cost him not far off the asking price to build it though trigger!
-
It will probably have cost him not far off the asking price to build it though trigger!
He's probably making a loss on it
-
How long to completion? Not the foggiest idea !
It's all down to waiting for others to supply the last few remaining parts that I require. Namely a replica fuel cap, and a magneto. Guy Coulon of Tech 3 fame is supposedly making them for me, but once the GP season starts there is little hope of getting anything until the end of the season. Meanwhile I have another option for the fuel cap, but again it's taking its time to materialise. Once I've got my hands on one I can get the bike painted - candy topaz orange of course. I've got an Electrex World self generating ignition system on at the moment, but its just a fraction too wide and fouls the fairing. The only other part I need is the front fender, which I'm currently part way through making.
Think I've got a smaller sized image of my road bike, affectionally known as K9
Cheers
Eric
Yes I have had a few let downs from suppliers along the way, the phrase "suppliers are liars" is too often true, hope it's not too long until you receive your bits, I'm looking forward to seeing the end result.
I get my fairing/tank/seat unit back from the painter tomorrow, can't wait to see it all (hoping not to be disappointed!!), I'll post pics tomorrow.
K9 certainly looks the part, what jets have you used to suit the pods and 4 into 1?, I need to re-jet my PD's if I can't bring myself to buy the CR's.
Grr!, talking about let downs, the painter texted me an hour before I was due to pick up the "completed" job saying that he couldn't do the "HONDA" decals, luckily a mate of mine has a printer/cutter he is making them for me so I can turn up at the painters with them tomorrow.