Honda-SOHC
General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Yodasoldier on May 30, 2014, 02:58:00 PM
-
hello,
New Cb owner down in Bournemouth , said hello on the .net site and have been sent over here !
from the frame number the bike is an F3 according to the site info. is this correct frame number is
CB550F-2114450 . the previous owner has fitted clipons and was going to cafe race it but I intentd on restoring it to more original style. was given a box of bits with original handlebars and rear indicators and have already purchased some nice shiny new honda mirrors, hagon stainless shocks and today a stainless motad exhaust a steal on ebay at £159 direct from motad .. As I'm not keen on the Marshall headers. will be selling on the clipons and have already listed a set of raask rearsets on ebay that were in the box they appear to be for a cb400. So lots to do, getting the carbs sonic bathed and set up and just need to find a grab rail and front indicators ( have already found the fork ears)
really looking forward to riding this bike it's going to be a keeper : )
hers some pics of it the day I got it.
-
Hi, and welcome to the site!
Fantastic to see another 550F in the area - I have a blue 550F2 and live in Ringwood, just up the road from you. Best of luck with getting your bike looking and running how you want it, if I can be of any help let me know. It would be nice to meet up with the bikes at some point, two 550Fs side by side must be a fairly rare sight!
All the best,
Steph
-
Welcome. Indicators can be found at Busters for about £6 each and are the metal case type. Grab rail is a hard to find part but, you may be lucky.
-
Same for me welcome but with Trig do not mention price he can always beat it ha ha
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Welcome to the forum, I too bought a motad at that price, if you have difficulty fitting it they had a batch where the number two pipe was incorrect, I had this problem along with another forum member.
-
Thanks to all for the welcome!
probably going to be a couple of weeks before all parts are fitted etc ..all quite exciting! If the grab rail proves too hard to find I will get one made from stainless as there is a great tube bender workshop that I know locally.
looking forward to the first ride out!
-
Just to update....motad inform me that all problems on the 500 and 550 systems have been sorted!
-
And to finalise any Motad trouble , exhaust arrived and was fitted easily! :)
-
Good for you about bloody time fitted easily only been making them for donkeys years might buy a set for winter riding now
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Bitsa, COPY part on your bike. What will be next???
-
Trig
Dont mind copies if they fit!!!!!!!!!!!!
Besides sooner they rot in winter than my 341s
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Hello and welcome to the forum :-), cheers Mick.
-
Hi and welcome aboard
pete