Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: PatM on June 01, 2014, 06:00:39 PM

Title: Redex?
Post by: PatM on June 01, 2014, 06:00:39 PM
Anyone use a capful of Redex in a tank...? Just wondering, as I had a bottle full and just did....(yet to go out for a run but the though process was to dissolve any glue/varnish over the winter break..).
I went out for my 2nd run this year before trying this 'trick' and she was popping on low/idle until it got warm and had done a few miles.
Title: Re: Redex?
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on June 01, 2014, 06:53:17 PM
Pat
Remember it well use to squirt direct in to the carbs once a month back in the 70s
Smoked like hell for a bit
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Redex?
Post by: matthewmosse on June 01, 2014, 07:28:13 PM
I always used to bung a bit in if any carb issues raised their heads, 500/4 it was always sticking needles flooding the carbs, redex almost always cured it for a good while. With the wifes cb250 after 3 years in the shed, intensive redex and carb cleaner dosage saved the hassle of a carb removal and cleaning session when to start with it was too gummed up to even run.
Title: Re: Redex?
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on June 01, 2014, 07:32:39 PM
I used Yamalube fuel stabiliser on Eamon's bikes in the barn. They never moved between MOTs and it seemed to do the trick. 


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Title: Re: Redex?
Post by: PatM on June 05, 2014, 01:03:58 PM
Thanks Gents= seems overwhelming support for it- Good, as Ive got about a pint of the stuff I was going to lob out- all things these days have got that darn fuel-injection..I suppose it MAY catch on one day. I shall put 2 capfuls in next as I know Ive got a few issues with starting/3k intermediate throttle- as said above- it will save yet another car stripdown only to find sod all and hope for the best!
Title: Re: Redex?
Post by: Clem2112 on June 05, 2014, 02:56:27 PM
I've also had cold starting problems which I put down to the modern fuel and extended lay ups.
My brother tells me he got good results from using Redex octane boost in his E-Type.
There are various Redex products available but I think they all help with carb cleansing.
I got some Redex "0 to 60" from Euro Car Parts and will add it to each fill up. :D

Title: Re: Redex?
Post by: Johnwebley on June 05, 2014, 08:34:24 PM
I use the RED redex,£5 from Asda,

 add to full tank,14 lts =14,000cc approx then add 250cc redex,it does clean the carbs,jets etc,

not had any issues using it