Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Cabilao on June 03, 2014, 10:16:42 AM
-
Just check the ring gap in my new honed cylinder. barely 0.3mm. guess thats not enough. can i just use a fine file do adjust the gap or something special needed. I think you have to be careful that the ringend is still square? any tips??
cheers
Uwe
-
With standard bore I think it should be 6 to 8 thou clearance.If your gap is less sounds like you have oversize rings
A fine file will do but only one 1 piece oil ring kits as I recall.Today the oil ring is 3 piece would not recommend filing down as the clearances differ to 1 piece.
Hope that makes sense to you.Bryanj may update me on that?
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Manual says 0.7 is the servicable limit. so i think gap should be 0.4-0.6. Rings are standard size,RIK Japan.
-
If the ring gap is small check the piston clearance and bore size, I have never had to file any Honda rings yet
-
Bryanj
Nor me only ever told to do it by my w/shop foreman when oversize was the only ones they had.Have to say no problems occured but like I said in those days all the oil rings were one piece
Thanks for your update
Cheers
Bitsa
-
so can i run it with 0.3mm???? Honda manual say 0.2-0.4 is the gap for top and second ring.