Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: ashewan on June 11, 2014, 01:59:15 PM

Title: ignition barrel key set
Post by: ashewan on June 11, 2014, 01:59:15 PM
Hi,
Well that didn't take long after my mea culpa...'sorry for the delay'.
The second key set from DS has failed. The plastic cap at the bottom has come loose. It happened on the first one I got from DS for the 400 (part # DFBAA422017P), I sent it back they replaced it with the one which has again failed.
So either the part is crap or I'm doing something wrong!.
Any ideas
Thanks
Andrew
Title: Re: ignition barrel key set
Post by: Bryanj on June 11, 2014, 04:16:33 PM
Some of the pattern ones are crap, but are also the only ones available. What does make a difference is ensuring that there is plenty of slack on the loom where it connects throughout the full turning of the forks with everything assembled as the slightest drag from the loom will pull on the connector
Title: Re: ignition barrel key set
Post by: ashewan on June 11, 2014, 04:55:56 PM
Thanks Bryan,
I'll check that out.