Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: hondatri on June 22, 2014, 09:10:16 PM

Title: Jerking
Post by: hondatri on June 22, 2014, 09:10:16 PM
 Hi Guys I am looking for some info on my 77 400/4. Whenever I let out the clutch  I get a jerking as Drive picks up. On moving off I let in the clutch the drive takes up with a Jerking Thump same when changing gear. Otherwise riding is ok. Any suggestions appreciated.
Title: Re: Jerking
Post by: JamesH on June 22, 2014, 11:15:30 PM
Sounds like clutch needs removing and either cleaning or new plates...common if the bike has stood for some time unused..
Title: Re: Jerking
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on June 23, 2014, 10:08:48 AM
Apart from chain tension are the bushes that the sprocket bolts on to ok?If they are knackered it will jerk in all gears
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Jerking
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on June 23, 2014, 06:04:15 PM
Oddjob
If I remember right they look like the ones on the swing arm where the bottom rear damper bolts to.
Still think its called a bush      http://images.cmsnl.com/img/partslists/honda-cb400f-england-frame-group-1l-1m-2l-2m_bigma000080f01-5_81c2.gif   no 280 and 550
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Jerking
Post by: Trigger on June 23, 2014, 06:21:39 PM
All this Jerking boy's. 280 is a bush.
Title: Re: Jerking
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on June 23, 2014, 06:25:11 PM
Thanks Trig
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Jerking
Post by: Trigger on June 23, 2014, 06:29:01 PM
So Bitsa, is that 50p forgotten now???
Title: Re: Jerking
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on June 23, 2014, 06:30:42 PM
Trig
What 50 pence?Do you have that geezers number the one that fixs the clocks?
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Jerking
Post by: Trigger on June 23, 2014, 06:40:34 PM
Bitsa, i am still on me hol's. If you key in www.clocksndials.co.uk it should come up. I know he started years ago because he could not find anyone to do his 750 clocks, so he did them himself.
Title: Re: Jerking
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on June 23, 2014, 06:56:32 PM
Oddjob

No worries mate I should have put rear, mind you check the front aswell for play but then again if it was that bad I would think the shaft seal would be leaking like hell
Thanks Trig have a good one mate
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Jerking
Post by: hondatri on June 23, 2014, 07:11:49 PM
Thanks Guys for the info I believe a new clutch was fitted shortly before I got bike but I wont take it for Granted. I will have a go at it in the next few weeks and keep posted. Thanks Again