Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: AshimotoK0 on June 26, 2014, 10:10:19 PM
-
"I know we frequently get asked as to when will we have CB750K2 muffler sets available and the answer is always next month.Here are the prototypes that are being worked on, proof that we will have them, hopefully soonish".
-
Thats great news for many people, i wonder if the price will be the same as his hm300 copies
pete
-
Great news. Any idea on an eta for production parts ash?
-
Great news. Any idea on an eta for production parts ash?
No but I will ask him James, I think he is Canada and then the States this month. He is looking for a 750 sandcast for his museum while he is there.
Cheers .. AshD
-
Great thanks ash. So he's your new best mate then eh..:-)
-
Great thanks ash. So he's your new best mate then eh..:-)
LOL (http://yoursmiles.org/bsmile/fun/b0201.gif) (http://yoursmiles.org/b-fun.php)
-
Ok joke over ::) I just wanted him to come on here and join the technical/sourcing discussions but I think the barrage of comments about his pricing/us making him a rich man scared him off so you could call me the 'go between' or worse names if you like. My main aim was to see if he can get us Yamiya stuff here without the major hassle of shipping costs/customs/Parcelforce's rip off handing charges etc. Take the No No 750 exhausts and No 8 bolt kits he is stocking and work out the cost if you imported them from Yamiya yourself directly. Problem is he can't sell the Yamiya seats or covers as they have the Honda logo on them, which is a real shame. Honda allow other people to sell stuff with Honda on it and turn a blind eye but just because DSS are selling us parts that Honda can't be bother to continue the supply of, try to take them to the cleaners. Also consider the other people we probably spend lots with : Yamiya - never return emails, Freddy - never returns emails, D&K - reasonable service but don't bother checking anything before they sell you it so it's pot luck what you get. And don't even talk about chromers ::) At least, via me we have a good dialogue with DSS
Cheers .. AshD
-
I must agree Ash. Without Dave Silver life with a 70s Honda would be much harder. Ok I feel the pricing thing for cost of royal mail postage is not as good as could be. But at least the right parts arrive and are available so I personally would be glad of his input in any way on the forum. Weather feedback is good or bad it is feedback and can benefit us all.
-
Ok joke over ::) I just wanted him to come on here and join the technical/sourcing discussions but I think the barrage of comments about his pricing/us making him a rich man scared him off so you could call me the 'go between' or worse names if you like. My main aim was to see if he can get us Yamiya stuff here without the major hassle of shipping costs/customs/Parcelforce's rip off handing charges etc. Take the No No 750 exhausts and No 8 bolt kits he is stocking and work out the cost if you imported them from Yamiya yourself directly. Problem is he can't sell the Yamiya seats or covers as they have the Honda logo on them, which is a real shame. Honda allow other people to sell stuff with Honda on it and turn a blind eye but just because DSS are selling us parts that Honda can't be bother to continue the supply of, try to take them to the cleaners. Also consider the other people we probably spend lots with : Yamiya - never return emails, Freddy - never returns emails, D&K - reasonable service but don't bother checking anything before they sell you it so it's pot luck what you get. And don't even talk about chromers ::) At least, via me we have a good dialogue with DSS
Cheers .. AshD
Ash please don't take my comments too seriously. Appreciate Dave is a busy man so in all honesty I didn't expect him to join the forum and be an active contributor. And it's great that you've made the effort to reach out and funnel the dialogue with his business. I've been a DSS customer since I was 16 (so 22 years) and I'm a big fan and will always use them.
-
No worries .. it's just that I don't want to sound like a creep :-[ Ha Ha!
-
Didn't think that for a minuite mate..
-
Ash its only stupid banter there is nothing better than pissing yourself laughing at stupid comments, as for comments about DS being a rich man ,and his pricing i am afraid i am guillty of saying these things but i dont mean it maliciously, i do hope i havent offended anyone
Dave silvers is a very good business man and self made at that so maximum respect goes out, also he is my number 1 supplier of parts i can honestly say i have spent many thousands with him and continue to do so, i am currently saving my pounds or should i say thousands of them for my next order with him,
I am glad you take the time to act as a go between thats what makes this forum so rewarding when people like yourself take time for the benifit of all, keep up the good work fella
pete
-
I know it's only banter and I like that as much as anyone !
BTW he's just got planning permission for his Museum through. Maybe we can all meet up there one day, when it opens next year.
Cheers .. Ash
-
Count me in Ash
pete
-
Pete what are you using for seat covers for the K0 /Sandcast. I wonder if DS would be able to get any out of Yamiya without the logo printed on? My seat is pretty nice as it was made from a brand new K1 seat. Morretti covered it and it looks OK but you just can't beat the Yamiya cover.
BTW the original foam was made of blocks and a harder piece for the ducktail ( thanks ChrisR for this info) but was evidently crap and collapsed pretty quickly.
Cheers .. AshD
-
This is my k0 seat, i used my existing k0 base, aftermarket foam and yamiya cover to restore this seat, however it is a bit to puffed up compared to the yamiya so i might take it apart again and shave the foam a bit flatter
(http://cb750sandcastonly.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/111.JPG)
(http://cb750sandcastonly.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/108.JPG)
(http://cb750sandcastonly.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/109.JPG)
(http://cb750sandcastonly.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/112.JPG)
pete