Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on July 02, 2014, 11:34:25 AM

Title: Gobsmacked
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on July 02, 2014, 11:34:25 AM
Hi Guys
Well I would not believe if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.Never been happy with my speedo OK to about 100kph then jumps about and settles.Always thought it was slow.Today put my satnav on the bike and at 50k 70k 110kph it was only 2 to 5kph slow.That's not bad for a 35 year ish speedo is it? Was going to strip it and restore don't think I will bother now.
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Gobsmacked
Post by: UK Pete on July 02, 2014, 12:23:24 PM
The only thing that usually needs changing or topping up is the damping fluid
pete
Title: Re: Gobsmacked
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on July 02, 2014, 01:41:40 PM
Pete,
I had a go at a tacho and managed ok to replace damping fluid but with the speedo I could not get into the cap under the metal bridge.Is there a knack to this?
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Gobsmacked
Post by: Trigger on July 02, 2014, 06:02:55 PM
Bitsa, all that huffing and puffing for nothing.  ;) Well you won't get nicked for speeding.
Title: Re: Gobsmacked
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on July 02, 2014, 07:06:40 PM
Trig
After huffing etc and you get a result for me makes it all worthwhile
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Gobsmacked
Post by: JamesH on July 02, 2014, 10:27:42 PM
Stupid question probably (as I've never had any of the gauges apart) but how do you replace the damper fluid? Anyone have a guide online?
Title: Re: Gobsmacked
Post by: UK Pete on July 03, 2014, 07:05:11 AM
Take a look through this
http://www.salocal.com/sohc/tech/speedo/spedo5.htm
Title: Re: Gobsmacked
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on July 03, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
Cheers Pete that will come in handy.Getting them apart is easy but internals another story
Bitsa
Title: Re: Gobsmacked
Post by: JamesH on July 03, 2014, 03:58:53 PM

Take a look through this
http://www.salocal.com/sohc/tech/speedo/spedo5.htm
Thanks pete