Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Greg65 on July 03, 2014, 07:56:02 PM
-
Advice from the wise please.
First up I was wondering what "liquid sealant" I should use when replacing the socket bolt at the base of the front forks?
Secondly, I am missing the filter from the base of the air box that goes between the two panches. DSS does not have any so was wondering what material to use and then trim to fit. Suggestions please.
Cheers Greg
-
Wise?...... Oh well here goes...
I didn't use sealant. Most likely I used loctite on the threads to prevent that cap screw from loosening out of the damper rod.
I think the washer under the cap head (possibly Aluminium or copper ?) should seal it up ok.
Never leaked yet !
Honda put a small oblong piece of foam between the mesh pieces.
This was supposed to filter out oil vapour from the blow-by gases exiting the rocker cover.
You should wash this with petrol (or suitable cleaner !) ... according to the service schedule.
I used a folded piece of cooker hood filter material in this space.
-
Don't use sealant unless you want to pass on a shite job to the next owner (getting the bolt out)
-
Cooker hood material, great, have some of that. Thanks Clem.
Sounds like good advice Bryanj and will apply.
Cheers guys :D