Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: AshimotoK0 on July 16, 2014, 08:47:56 AM

Title: Customs charges on refunded items
Post by: AshimotoK0 on July 16, 2014, 08:47:56 AM
I bought some parts from a guy on eBay USA recently and they turned out not to be as described (aren't they all  ::) ). However, to be fair to the seller, it seems like a genuine error and he refunded me 50% of the selling price and the parts were a bargain anyway (apart from customs charges and Parcelforce's hike) and I can still use them. Not that I can be bothered to chase up but what's the situation regarding goods refunded and the customs charges, is there any kind of refund? Anyone know?

cheers ... AshD
Title: Re: Customs charges on refunded items
Post by: UK Pete on July 16, 2014, 12:14:45 PM
I think cut the losses and save yourself some hassle, these sort of people (customs that is) are very slow and anoying typical pen pushes without a care in the world, a bit like DVLA
PETE
Title: Re: Customs charges on refunded items
Post by: AshimotoK0 on July 16, 2014, 02:53:50 PM
I think cut the losses and save yourself some hassle, these sort of people (customs that is) are very slow and anoying typical pen pushes without a care in the world, a bit like DVLA
PETE

Point taken Pete, only talking £30 charges here  but imagine if it was an item for a couple of grand, the charges would be a few hundred. There must be some ruling on it.

Cheers ..AshD
Title: Re: Customs charges on refunded items
Post by: UK Pete on July 16, 2014, 05:02:13 PM
Yes worth investigating i think
pete
Title: Re: Customs charges on refunded items
Post by: Bryanj on July 16, 2014, 05:43:46 PM
I did get a refund on an over estimated c22 form but it took over 6 months for £10 and I only carried on 'cos the government seem to have longer arms than my pocket is deep---Hence the home brew bio in the pickup!!