Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Johnwebley on July 16, 2014, 05:02:07 PM

Title: spent some time tidying
Post by: Johnwebley on July 16, 2014, 05:02:07 PM
after owning the 500 for about 37 yrs,I have had time to repair the ravages of 55,000 miles and lots of bad weather journeys,

so,first replace both rims and spokes with stainless items,Central Wheels,they look and feel great,

while the wheels were dismantled,clean and spray the hubs,brake plate,calipers, and fork legs,
recovered the seat,great service from Dis-cover,
had the tank resprayed,pin stripes quite good,and chrome edging from the US,

better looking than the old chrome,to me an acceptable substitute ,

Title: Re: spent some time tidying
Post by: UK Pete on July 16, 2014, 05:04:39 PM
Looking very tidy john, hope you get many more years and miles from it
pete
Title: Re: spent some time tidying
Post by: Green1 on July 16, 2014, 05:10:02 PM
Very smart I like the idea of stainless rims

Mick
Title: Re: spent some time tidying
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on July 16, 2014, 06:53:01 PM
Agree oddjob bit tight that strap but still a fair looking bike
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: spent some time tidying
Post by: Trigger on July 16, 2014, 07:25:32 PM
Looks good John. How is the double brake system???
Every time i go to fit mine someone makes me a good offer on the bike. I will fit it to the 500K0 as i will keep this one. 
Title: Re: spent some time tidying
Post by: Johnwebley on July 16, 2014, 09:01:54 PM
Looks good John. How is the double brake system???
Every time i go to fit mine someone makes me a good offer on the bike. I will fit it to the 500K0 as i will keep this one.

 the discs are very good,give a feeling of power,but even now,it can't do "stoppis"

and

guess what !
went out tonight to a bike meet,and it rained!! the damn thing is dirty again!! needs to dry off,and then a wash !!
Title: Re: spent some time tidying
Post by: Trigger on July 16, 2014, 09:28:52 PM
No good John unless you can do stoppies ;) ;) ;)
Title: Re: spent some time tidying
Post by: Norniron on July 16, 2014, 09:35:37 PM
Looks good John. How is the double brake system???
Every time i go to fit mine someone makes me a good offer on the bike. I will fit it to the 500K0 as i will keep this one.
Yea rite
Title: Re: spent some time tidying
Post by: Trigger on July 16, 2014, 09:41:34 PM
Norniron, have you got your British bike yet???
I thought we only did banter off line ;)
Title: Re: spent some time tidying
Post by: Norniron on July 16, 2014, 09:47:13 PM
Norniron, have you got your British bike yet???
I thought we only did banter off line ;)
Should be getting it delivered next monday trig
Title: Re: spent some time tidying
Post by: Johnwebley on July 18, 2014, 11:52:56 AM
made a silly mistake,

 after fitting the petrol tap and refitting the tank after painting,  ,I FORGOT to clean it out first,it now looks like I have a couple of blocked
slow running jets -(((((

tried putting the choke on at about 4k revs,but still cuts out at slow speed,
DAMN,I hate removing the carbs ,

still,of to Italy for a week,will sort it when I get back.