Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Greg65 on July 31, 2014, 05:10:52 PM
-
The bike I have was partially dismantled before the owner sadly passed on to the Ace Cafe in the sky. The breather chamber that goes under the air box has not been refitted. So can it be reattached in situ, if so how? Or should I dismantle the air box, attach the breather chamber and put it all back where it started from. I only ask hoping there is a short cut. Thanks for all advice.
Greg
-
Greg,
I just had a look around my bike. There doesn't seem to be any easy way to get to the breather assembly, but perhaps removing the rear mudguard might be a possibility. Its 4 years since I put mine together so I can't remember much about putting the guard on but the plastic part sits right behind the breather. The airbox, though, has a heap of stuff to come off before ite can be moved, - including the plastic chamber between it and the carbs which can be a pain to get back in place.
Good luck,
Justin
-
It's retained by 1 self tapping screw from inside the air filter box I believe. Apart from that, just the two rubber hoses to attach - engine breather and the drain.
A fiddle but possible. Removal of plastc guard will help !
There is also a rubber gasket with cutouts....if it's missing you can make this from thin sheet.
-
Thanks for the tips. Just finished my shift and hope to be spannering in a day or two.
Greg