Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Trigger on August 09, 2014, 10:32:44 AM

Title: Tank Decal 500K0
Post by: Trigger on August 09, 2014, 10:32:44 AM
I can not find the answer to this question and hope someone may know. If a CB500K0 tank is Star Light Gold then what colour is the caution decal on top of the tank. Could be black or white. Honda is only listing one with a part number finishing in "A" which is white but, i want to be sure.
Title: Re: Tank Decal 500K0
Post by: Bryanj on August 09, 2014, 11:41:58 AM
Gold tank should have black decal, repro decals in Canada do them but they don't show on the website any more as Honda got heavy, you have to email them
Title: Re: Tank Decal 500K0
Post by: Trigger on August 09, 2014, 06:34:12 PM
Cheers for the information Bryan. will order some black ones. For some reason i have a couple of white.
Title: Re: Tank Decal 500K0
Post by: Trigger on August 17, 2014, 08:44:34 AM
I will ask this question again. I would like to know what colour the REMEMBER decal is on a CB500KO with a Star Light Gold tank??? I have seen a couple of pictures from the states with this colour tank with a white REMEMBER decal. Bryan has said it is black but, i am not too sure on what colour it is because the tanks i have seen have been re-sprayed.
Title: Re: Tank Decal 500K0
Post by: Trigger on August 17, 2014, 03:30:39 PM
Oddjob, all decals were on top of the lacquer. The 500K0 usa import that was sold a couple of weeks ago on fleabay had a tank decal in black but, it was about 20mm down from the petrol cap. I have seen CB750's in candy gold with white decals above the petrol cap. So, a little confused.
Tried to find a old picture of a K0 but, non of them show a shot of a tank from above.
Title: Re: Tank Decal 500K0
Post by: Bryanj on August 17, 2014, 06:06:23 PM
Give me a few days and i will see if it shows on the PDI sheet
Title: Re: Tank Decal 500K0
Post by: Trigger on August 17, 2014, 10:06:49 PM
Cheers Bryan. I am not getting any answers from sohc net.
Title: Re: Tank Decal 500K0
Post by: Bryanj on August 19, 2014, 08:17:31 AM
Can't do colours but have scanned a page from a 72 original owners manual for position, yes i know its upside down but you can download it, rptate and enlarge it yourself!!
Title: Re: Tank Decal 500K0
Post by: Trigger on August 19, 2014, 08:23:59 AM
Cheers Bryan, looks white to me. This is getting a bit confusing.
Title: Re: Tank Decal 500K0
Post by: Piki on August 19, 2014, 08:30:09 AM
Hi Trigger, I have Remember Tank Decal(for 500 Four), Black or White, if you need let me know.
Best Regards.
Title: Re: Tank Decal 500K0
Post by: Trigger on August 19, 2014, 08:34:54 AM
Piki, i have black decal and white decal for the tank. Just do not know if it is black or white for a star light gold tank. Cheers for the offer.
Title: Re: Tank Decal 500K0
Post by: Piki on August 19, 2014, 01:06:11 PM
OK Trigger!!
Title: Re: Tank Decal 500K0
Post by: tom400f on August 19, 2014, 01:11:31 PM
You imagine there was a food fight over whether to align it with the filler or centrally  :P
Title: Re: Tank Decal 500K0
Post by: Bryanj on August 19, 2014, 05:51:41 PM
Trigger the picture was for position not colour as that tank looks to be darker than the gold
Title: Re: Tank Decal 500K0
Post by: Trigger on August 19, 2014, 09:45:16 PM
Bryan, I understood but, i am a little confused. Take a look at the main picture in the link>> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CB500-FOUR-1971-MINT-ORIGINAL-CONDITION-2400-MILES-UNRESTORED-/331276440972?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=9nI746JaJXMHJumMOU2O9E1f6sg%253D&orig_c vip=true&rt=nc

This was listed as 2,400 miles unrestored. If you scan the tank you can just make out the decal in black but, down from the filler cap.
Title: Re: Tank Decal 500K0
Post by: Trigger on August 20, 2014, 09:37:26 PM
Oddjob, sorry to inform you but, the K0 was never available in Black. I will go for a black decal and above the filler cap. Cheers for all the advice :) :) :) 
Title: Re: Tank Decal 500K0
Post by: Trigger on August 21, 2014, 06:52:17 PM
I thought it was you that said that the K0 was only available in the states? Black was never a USA colour. This is why this bike is so confusing  :-\. 
Title: Re: Tank Decal 500K0
Post by: matthewmosse on August 21, 2014, 07:50:40 PM
I have what I blive from the reg and frame number a 500/4 k0, it is black, no logos on the tank as I recall. Are k0 500's worth any more? just curious, it might effect if I needed to break a bike for spares - I was considering chopping up a frame for repair sections for my bike and it made me wonder if there was any reason to chop one frame over the other.