Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: AshimotoK0 on August 20, 2014, 05:33:30 PM

Title: DSS best selling models for parts
Post by: AshimotoK0 on August 20, 2014, 05:33:30 PM
Surprising the 750K0/K1 doesn't appear.
AshD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a list of our top 10 selling UK website models by no of web orders (left hand column) since 1st Jan 2014. No 1 position is no surprise, but the amount it is in the lead by is!

No of web orders Model
5171 - CB400F SUPER SPORT FOUR
1967 - CB750K2 FOUR 1972
1951 - CB500K1 FOUR 1972
859 - CB350 FOUR
714 - CB750F1 (Single overhead cam)
616 - CB750K6 FOUR 1976
606 - CB350K4 SUPER SPORT 1972 - 1973
598 - CBX1000Z CBXZ 1979
596 - CB750K7 FOUR 1977
564 - CX500B 1981
Title: Re: DSS best selling models for parts
Post by: UK Pete on August 21, 2014, 11:27:19 AM
That is a surprise
Pete
Title: Re: DSS best selling models for parts
Post by: paul G on August 21, 2014, 12:19:45 PM
The orders on the 400 4 will slow down now mine is finished loads of them would have been mine and never got a penny discount >:(
Try and use other companies now where I can don't deserve any loyalty.
Moan over.
Title: Re: DSS best selling models for parts
Post by: tom400f on August 21, 2014, 12:21:26 PM
Slightly surprised to see the 350F in (an albeit distant) 4th place.

Maggot is unloved.
Title: Re: DSS best selling models for parts
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on August 21, 2014, 12:28:57 PM
Probably because there are 5 variants of 500/4 to chose from but only one 350/4

I bet their computer-generated top 10 didn't take account of the variants.

CB350
CB400
CB500
CB550
CB650
CB750

would have been interesting.
Title: Re: DSS best selling models for parts
Post by: Johnwebley on August 21, 2014, 12:42:19 PM
it says its web based orders,I would expect the computer when issuing invoices could also analyse all sales,

I prefer to search parts,and order by phone,

so add a few more sales to CB500-4
Title: Re: DSS best selling models for parts
Post by: Trigger on August 21, 2014, 03:48:21 PM
You can not go by those figures. It doesn't take in to account trade orders or phone orders. I have spent a few grand this month and i know of another trader that spent 47k last month.
Title: Re: DSS best selling models for parts
Post by: AshimotoK0 on August 21, 2014, 05:15:30 PM
Wish they would sell more Yamiya stuff or the Yamiya suppliers . I keep badgering him.
Anyone know someone who speaks Japanese so I can contact directly with a translated email  to see if they would sell him parts less the logo (seats etc).
I take his point about Honda's  litigation against him and fear of falling foul of them a second time. It's one rule for the other suppliers and another for him, which is unfair really.

What discount does he give trade account customers? I know I bought over £2k's worth in one order in 2009 and asked if there was a discount but got nothing off.

Cheers ... Ash

UPDATE

This is the top 10 US website models by no of web orders (left hand column) since 1st Jan 2014. Much lesser numbers since the US company has been active since the end of 2012. Virtually the same models.

374 - CB400F SUPER SPORT FOUR
362 - CB350 FOUR
192 - CB400F0 SUPER SPORT 1975 USA
145 - CB400F SUPER SPORT 1976 USA
99 - CB350K4 SUPER SPORT 1972 - 1973
99 - CBX1000 SUPER SPORT 1979 USA
97 - CB500K1 FOUR 1972
87 - CB750K4 FOUR 1974 USA
86 - CB750K2 FOUR 1972
82 - CX500 CUSTOM 1980 USA

Ashley Derrick:-  Surprised the CB750K0/K1 doesn't show up.

David Silver Spares Hi Ashley, bear in mind its volume of machines that count as well as popularity. Possibly 10 fold more K2's sold than K0/1's as the early models were quickly superseded, especially in Europe.
Like · 8 hours ago
Title: Re: DSS best selling models for parts
Post by: Trigger on August 21, 2014, 09:01:32 PM
Does not really matter how many were sold. I would be looking a how many left.
Title: Re: DSS best selling models for parts
Post by: mick on August 21, 2014, 09:03:20 PM
Hi Ash, what about andy750 on the us site he spends a bit of time in japan and has visited the yamiya shop, have you asked him if he can speak or write japanese ? cheers Mick  ;)
Title: Re: DSS best selling models for parts
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on August 21, 2014, 09:08:10 PM
I asked this question of Glenn a couple of months ago. I asked if there were any Japanese "insiders" who could help
Is negotiate with Yamiya.
I'll look up the answer when I get home on Sunday.

Steve
Title: Re: DSS best selling models for parts
Post by: Trigger on August 21, 2014, 09:15:41 PM
Ash, these stats are very unreliable because i will just blab a load of part numbers down the phone. They have never asked me for what model. And if the 500K1 is number 3, why is he not doing HM323 exhausts? CMS have done the patten ones for a few years now.
I had to do a deal with the devil to get my hands on a original set ;D
Title: Re: DSS best selling models for parts
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on August 22, 2014, 10:20:30 AM
DSS is not the only Honda parts god around there are others.He used to be very competitive but starting to get expensive.I would love to use him all the time but I suppose with all things you have to shop around for everything these days.
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: DSS best selling models for parts
Post by: BigAl (Alan) on August 22, 2014, 12:10:44 PM
Have sent a small order to DSS this week, and a larger one to www.cmsnl.com for a CD 175 restoration. The problem I had this week with DSS was that once I made  an online order, they informed me the next day that some parts are not available?, this never happens with cmsnl.com possibly a better stock control system and more parts?

Alan
Title: Re: DSS best selling models for parts
Post by: AshimotoK0 on August 22, 2014, 12:45:50 PM
I asked this question of Glenn a couple of months ago. I asked if there were any Japanese "insiders" who could help
Is negotiate with Yamiya.
I'll look up the answer when I get home on Sunday.

Steve

It was these people I was going to contact Steve not Yamiya as I believe they supply Yamiya with lots of parts

http://www.win-pmc.com
http://www.win-pmc.com/replace_z/
http://www.win-pmc.com/replace_cb/
http://www.win-pmc.com/replace_cb/replace_cb_03.html
 

Cheers ...AshD
Title: Re: DSS best selling models for parts
Post by: Trigger on August 22, 2014, 01:30:51 PM
I agree with Bitsa and BigAl on the parts. My top parts suppliers last month was 1, Hondarestoration
                                                                                                                   2, Classic cycle city
                                                                                                                   3, Western Honda- Arizona
                                                                                                                   4, CMS
                                                                                                                   5, Ohio cycle
It does change every month with who has what parts.