Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Saisei on September 06, 2014, 12:13:10 PM

Title: Newbie
Post by: Saisei on September 06, 2014, 12:13:10 PM
Hi Guys, thank you for allowing me into your forum.

Like most of you, my biking career started off riding Fizzies and SS50's but i always looked up to the older kids riding the big Honda and Kwaka fours. Nearly 40 years later i have my dream bike and now i have just opened a UK based website selling parts for these iconic machines.

I look forward to the banter and reading your expert experiences on SOHC stuff. I also invite you to review my website and make any comments, suggestions.

Thank you

David

saisei-europe.com
Title: Re: Newbie
Post by: AshimotoK0 on September 06, 2014, 12:16:30 PM
Wow!

Warm Welcome from ashimoto, David.

The link is http://www.saisei-europe.com/Shop


Those 750 exhausts look like Yamiya / PMC ones to me .. please please tell me you are going to stock their CB750K0/sandcast ducktail seats/foams/covers!

This forum just gets better and better!

Even better still as I just sussed out you are in Yorkshire like me!!!
Title: Re: Newbie
Post by: hairygit on September 06, 2014, 12:17:02 PM
Hi, and welcome, but tell us more, what IS your dream bike?
Title: Re: Newbie
Post by: mickwinf on September 06, 2014, 01:18:30 PM
welcome that's an impressive website, im guessing z1 is your dream bike!
Title: Re: Newbie
Post by: Saisei on September 06, 2014, 01:48:43 PM
welcome that's an impressive website, im guessing z1 is your dream bike!

I like em all but yes i have a Z1 sorry folks  :-[
Title: Re: Newbie
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on September 06, 2014, 03:41:55 PM
Us 500/4 types couldn't aspire (even) to a 750 and a Z1 was something you drooled over in the carpark at Brands.

Remember the Transatlantic Trophy?

I checked out your website before approving your registration (we get some strange suppliers trying to join up) and wondered how long it would take Ash to mention Yamiya…

Steve
Title: Re: Newbie
Post by: AshimotoK0 on September 06, 2014, 06:36:44 PM
Give a dog a bad name  :-[  You have got me sussed Steve  ;D  but I  bet UKPete and JamesH would be interested too. I have badgered David Silver to stock them  but he's understandably running scared 'cos of the HONDA logo on the seats. He's going to need at least a 750K0 a foam himself though on that Mecum Auction sandcast he got for his museum.

Cheers  ... AshD

Title: Newbie
Post by: JamesH on September 07, 2014, 09:31:53 AM
Welcome Dave. I'm just putting the finishing touches to my z1b (have a thread running on the z1 forum - think you commented at some point) so I'll be in touch soon about some 4-4 repro pipes and fitting kit. Doesn't seem to be much interaction for newcomers on the z1 forum - much more active here. Regards, James
Title: Re: Newbie
Post by: Trigger on September 07, 2014, 09:42:59 AM
Welcome. Nice site :) How are you Getting Vesrah? Had a lot of discussions with Vesrah and they said that they were not going to produce for old Honda's anymore. The discussions were mainly about the CB500 four sets. 
Title: Re: Newbie
Post by: bike-pusher on September 07, 2014, 11:06:40 AM
Problem with recreating the 400F system is that the genuine article was built to astonishingly high standards.  Double-skinned headers, decent gauge metal for the collector box and silencer, and top quality chrome.  That's why they lasted so long.

A replica system built to the same standards would be very expensive, especially as the economies of scale for volume production wouldn't apply.
Title: Re: Newbie
Post by: Saisei on September 07, 2014, 11:35:46 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Good spot Ash, the pipes are Yamiya.  I have 5 sets on order, one of  those already sold. They appear to be the most reputable source for repro SOHC parts.

As  an independent family business we do not have the fund yet to stock everthing but I do intend to list the entire Yamiya catalog and build stock on demand.  I am happy to stock seats etc if you guys want them.

I buy Vesrah direct from Japan, that way I can offer the best price. 

I remember you James from the Z1OC, I think all forums go through a quiet spell.

Thank again

David
Title: Re: Newbie
Post by: Johnwebley on September 07, 2014, 03:33:12 PM
welcome,

 will you be getting 500 series parts?

have fun here,we all do
Title: Re: Newbie
Post by: Saisei on September 07, 2014, 04:48:32 PM
Hi John, I already have some general 500 series parts. Vesrah gaskets, filters, carb kits etc ... Repro parts might be a challenge but thow down the gauntlet I will try to pick it up. I can get genuine if still available, sadly these come at genuine hond prices  ::)
Title: Re: Newbie
Post by: Johnwebley on September 07, 2014, 05:04:44 PM
Hi John, I already have some general 500 series parts. Vesrah gaskets, filters, carb kits etc ... Repro parts might be a challenge but thow down the gauntlet I will try to pick it up. I can get genuine if still available, sadly these come at genuine hond prices  ::)

 thanks for your reply,
at present I guess most deal with CMSnl and DSS,

only CMS do the exhausts,at approx  £1600,a set,the nature of things are I/we  want the best/cheapest deal,and would love to
deal with a Forum member,

as for parts,the normal service items,then time expired items,and others as required ,

recently I have bought coils,plug caps,gasket sets,oil and air filters,brake pads and shoes,seat cover,
hopefully all I may/will need are exhausts in the next few years,and maybe a rear hub,


others may need more,

thanks
John
Title: Re: Newbie
Post by: AshimotoK0 on September 09, 2014, 11:00:02 PM
Hi David,

Here  are the CB750K0 parts  I am after, from either PMC or Yamiya (unsure about the relationship between the two, other than Yamiya call a seat cover a 'Skin ' and PMC an 'epidermis'  :)

Yamiya Number: T023S CB750 K0 Seat Standard (Red Sponge)
Yamiya Number: CA030 Decal,  Regulator
Yamiya Number: E066  Honda  CB750 Bolt Set, Engine
Yamiya Number: S030 No.8 Bolt Set,  Frame
Yamiya Number: CA026  Caution Mark Decal set  (English)

Not sure if any other members are interested  ... UKPete, JamesH, Kettle738 ?

Hope to do business with you soon ! Have you posted on the CB750 'sandcastonly' site ?

http://cb750sandcastonly.com/smf_forum/index.php?board=3.0

Cheers ... Ash
Title: Re: Newbie
Post by: JamesH on September 09, 2014, 11:07:23 PM
Yeah I'd be in for the above for one of the k0's...
Title: Re: Newbie
Post by: AshimotoK0 on September 10, 2014, 11:35:09 PM
Posted this on the sandcastonly site for you David:

Ashimotok0 : Full Member
***
Posts: 163
View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Online)
   
Re: Yamiya has USA distributor
« Reply #8 on: Today at 06:31:28 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote  Modify messageModify  Remove messageRemove

And now a company in the UK is stocking some Yamiya /PMC stuff. What's more he is based in North Yorkshire and not too far from me.
I have asked him to stock Yamiya/PMC Seats/covers/foams and he has agreed . David Silver refuses point blank to stock them because they have the HONDA logo on them and he is legally tied not to sell anything here with the HONDA logo on.

The link is :  http://www.saisei-europe.com/Shop

The person running it is called David and I have pointed him to this site. He is just starting up and offering a discount this month on some items.

Cheers ... AshD

Title: Re: Newbie
Post by: Saisei on September 11, 2014, 03:03:47 PM
Hi Ash,

You have a message  :)

All the best

Dave
Title: Re: Newbie
Post by: AshimotoK0 on September 11, 2014, 08:43:15 PM
Hi Ash,

You have a message  :)

All the best

Dave

Going to go with those prices David ..Spot on.... I will look to see if there is anything else you can get for me at the same time. Probably have a day out in your area and pick them up at the same time whenever they arrive.

Also tried to PM ..you need to change the description on your website of the HM300 copy exhausts they should read unstamped (No No) I think.

I am going for the full red foam seat but another member would like a price on the Yamiya K0 seat cover if you can get it please :

PN is   T024A   K0 OUTER SKIN, SEAT K0 OUTER SKIN, SEAT

Cheers .. Ash
Title: Re: Newbie
Post by: Saisei on September 11, 2014, 09:05:18 PM
Hi Ash,

You have a message  :)

All the best

Dave

Going to go with those prices David ..Spot on.... I will look to see if there is anything else you can get for me at the same time. Probably have a day out in your area and pick them up at the same time whenever they arrive.

Also tried to PM ..you need to change the description on your website of the HM300 copy exhausts they should read unstamped (No No) I think.

I am going for the full red foam seat but another member would like a price on the Yamiya K0 seat cover if you can get it please :

PN is   T024A   K0 OUTER SKIN, SEAT K0 OUTER SKIN, SEAT

Cheers .. Ash3

Great news Ash

I will look up the skin price tomorrow.

Message me your contact number and I will call you.

I thought no no was Japanese Engrish for no number? I could be wrong
Title: Re: Newbie
Post by: UK Pete on September 11, 2014, 10:05:58 PM
Hi and welcome dave, this all sounds promising, i like the sound of this getting yamya parts, there are many things i want but sadly i have no money to buy ant parts for a few months, however i will be inquiring about prices , i will have to make a list like ash did
pete