Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: MarkCR750 on September 07, 2014, 05:21:01 PM

Title: LED rear light question
Post by: MarkCR750 on September 07, 2014, 05:21:01 PM
I just bought this on ebay, I didn't notice it was LED until after I had bought it, will I need to fit a resistor or something for it to work (or is that just LED indicators) or will it just wire into the standard cb750 loom?, cheers Mark.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231288200981?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Title: Re: LED rear light question
Post by: K2-K6 on September 07, 2014, 08:38:43 PM
As I understand it the indicator circuit requires the resistance of the two bulbs plus the instrument repeater as a total load to make the old type indicator flasher unit (a fairly crude but simply effective device) flash at the correct or any rate at all and so function as it should. Leds just don't generate the circuit load to achieve this so need something built into the circuit to simulate the original load but as far as I can see this is not applicable to a tail and stop light as there is no minimum resistance required to make the circuit operate.
If the product is listed as 12v supply then you should just be able to put it onto a car battery to check it as it should need nothing special to run it.
Title: Re: LED rear light question
Post by: MarkCR750 on September 07, 2014, 08:46:43 PM
Thanks K2
Title: Re: LED rear light question
Post by: Bryanj on September 08, 2014, 06:39:38 AM
I would rubber mount it with a ground wire as on the Trucks the LED's don't like vibration mate
Title: Re: LED rear light question
Post by: MarkCR750 on September 08, 2014, 04:00:14 PM
Thanks Bryan, will do.
Title: Re: LED rear light question
Post by: Cabilao on September 10, 2014, 12:55:18 PM
i have the same,works perfect with the original wiring.

cheers
Uwe
Title: Re: LED rear light question
Post by: MarkCR750 on September 10, 2014, 09:36:31 PM
Thanks Uwe