Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on September 09, 2014, 03:30:12 PM
-
Hi Guys
Has anyone tried one of those cheapo front rims that DS sells for £29 plus tax?The next rim oem replacement £85 plus tax.Does that speak for its self?
Cheers
Bitsa
-
He gave us a good write up on the three grades he sells (400/4) I am at work at the 'mo but I can search my post later on if you can't find it Bitsa.
Cheers Ash
-
I can probably summarise DSS' comments as "you get what you pay for"...
-
He gave us a good write up on the three grades he sells (400/4) I am at work at the 'mo but I can search my post later on if you can't find it Bitsa.
Cheers Ash
"David Silver Spares wrote: "Hi Ashley Derrick, cannot seem to log in, have registered and been accepted. Here is my Resonse : DID rims; definetely the Rolls Royce of wheel rims and suppliers to Honda as original equipment rims. Of course, these are the most expensive but we stock them for all SOHC's. Union Cycle rims; Made in Thailand, quality OK, have had some CB400F's where the holes needed reaming out slightly. OK for a wheel builder to build, tricky for individuals if this is found. Only available for smaller bikes up to CB400F, have used them many times on our own CB400F restorations. Sumitomo rims: The 'Lada' rim, fits, works but the joins are crude (agricultural) and the chrome is not the best. Chinese made but to be fair, a price to match and if you don't intend to fit it to a show bike but one that will get occasional use in Summer, this rim will be fine. Only available for CB500-750's. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for and by keeping 3 brands we are trying to suit all requirements and pockets."
-
Told you...
A good, honest answer from the seller.
-
Thanks guys just as I thought.I think you all know what I will get.On another note he is cheaper than the dutch mob but even stephens with all the other stuff.
Cheers
Bitsa