Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: MarkCR750 on September 11, 2014, 06:22:57 PM

Title: Wiring in headlamp bowl photos?
Post by: MarkCR750 on September 11, 2014, 06:22:57 PM
Does anyone have a photograph of the wiring inside the headlamp bowl on a 77(ish) CB750, I did label all of the connections when I stripped the donor bike but over the last year some have dropped others have become illegible, cheers Mark.
Title: Re: Wiring in headlamp bowl photos?
Post by: RGP750 on September 11, 2014, 06:32:23 PM
yes i have some that may help,if it is the same as k2
Title: Re: Wiring in headlamp bowl photos?
Post by: MarkCR750 on September 11, 2014, 06:50:56 PM
Not sure how many changes were made over the years but I'm sure they will be a help, I have PM'd you my email address, please could you mail them to me?, cheers Mark.
Title: Re: Wiring in headlamp bowl photos?
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on September 11, 2014, 07:14:27 PM
77 will not be k2.It will include clutch switch, no on/off switch and to be fair its not rocket science.Conect all the colours you can and at the end you may have 2 or 3 to sort.
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Wiring in headlamp bowl photos?
Post by: Green1 on September 11, 2014, 07:21:37 PM
Sometimes it's more complicated than expected I was playing around with a cg a wile ago and I think someone has been striping an extension cord to splice the wiring. ::)

Mick   
Title: Re: Wiring in headlamp bowl photos?
Post by: neat street on September 11, 2014, 11:52:34 PM
hi Mark, mine is a 76 F1, I only had one problem with mine when matching the colours. I can check and have a look, or photo if it would help? from memory, although cant be 100% sure I think it was joining for brown wires (two separate connections) and connected them wrong, realised that one pair had a red ring of tape, swopped them around and all worked fine.
let me know if I can help. John
Title: Re: Wiring in headlamp bowl photos?
Post by: hairygit on September 12, 2014, 08:13:43 AM
If it's an F1, most of the connections are in a plastic box on the front frame downtube, due to the slimmer headlight bowl firted to that model. If it's a K model most connections are in the headlight bowl.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2

Title: Re: Wiring in headlamp bowl photos?
Post by: MarkCR750 on September 12, 2014, 05:48:49 PM
Thanks for the offers, I got most of it wired up earlier today amongst other jobs, headlamp works, a bit more trial and error (and faking I know what I'm doing with a multimeter) and we should be there, annoyingly there was a great thread on the American site with loads of photo's but I cant find it now, thanks RGP for the photo you sent, cheers Mark.