Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: MarkCR750 on September 11, 2014, 06:36:00 PM

Title: Accelerator pump stopped working
Post by: MarkCR750 on September 11, 2014, 06:36:00 PM
When I first got my donor bike the accelerator pump worked, but recently I noticed that it had stopped doing so, reading various threads pointed towards the one way valves in the carb castings , I bought a new diaphragm and had a go at it today, it turned out to be a blockage in one of the fuel channels in the accelerator pump body, the only part of the carbs that I hadn't disassembled and cleaned, can't think why it got blocked, I mean look how beautifully clean the old diaphragm was!!!! :o,  :)
Title: Re: Accelerator pump stopped working
Post by: Bryanj on September 12, 2014, 09:36:42 AM
looks like excessive use of the fuel additive "SH*T" to me
Title: Re: Accelerator pump stopped working
Post by: MarkCR750 on September 12, 2014, 06:01:33 PM
looks like excessive use of the fuel additive "SH*T" to me
Ha, yes, I did notice that one of the holes in the "ears" on the diaphragm was smaller than the other, on the replacement part they are both the same size, maybe it was a mod, anyway it works perfectly now, I accidentally rode off my driveway onto the road yesterday and in my panic gave it the beans in first and second before managing to turn around and get back to the house, it seemed to go well, could it be that I have chanced on the correct carb set up first time round! :o, not very likely , we'll see once I get it finished and take it for a good run.