Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: sand5858 on September 14, 2014, 08:33:31 AM

Title: Starter clutch
Post by: sand5858 on September 14, 2014, 08:33:31 AM
Hello there.
Is there anyone here who has tried to change the starter clutch on a CB750
I think that the Phillips screws that hold the hub in the clutch is very difficult to loosen.
Afterwards, the flywheel is mounted on the crankshaft and tighten with torque and I think this is also a challenge - something to have a friend on the motorcycle while I mount the flywheel.

All proposals received.
Regards
Tony
Title: Re: Starter clutch
Post by: Bryanj on September 14, 2014, 01:53:19 PM
Impact driver for the screws and you will be suprised how easy it is to do up the bolt
Title: Re: Starter clutch
Post by: bike-pusher on September 14, 2014, 03:48:13 PM
Is this a job that can done with the engine in the frame?  And if so, what needs removing to get at the clutch?
Title: Re: Starter clutch
Post by: Bryanj on September 14, 2014, 06:00:31 PM
750 starter clutch is on the back of the generator Rotor so side cover off, undo bolt('Kin tight), use proper screw in puller to remove rotor---replace all necessary bits and reassemble
Title: Re: Starter clutch
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on September 14, 2014, 06:24:46 PM
Spot on Bryan not really a hard job too do
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Starter clutch
Post by: steff750 on September 14, 2014, 07:17:50 PM
Quote
I think that the Phillips screws that hold the hub in the clutch is very difficult to loosen
if you are referring to the screws on back of alternator  there is no need to remove them you will be ok with them in place
Title: Re: Starter clutch
Post by: sand5858 on September 15, 2014, 06:23:11 AM
Hello, All.
Many thanks for your advice, I will try to change the rollers on the starter without removing the screws behind the generator.

thank you
Tony  8)
Title: Re: Starter clutch
Post by: Bryanj on September 15, 2014, 06:30:34 AM
Cange rollers, springs and spring caps all at the same time mate, I think DSS does them as a "KIT"
Title: Re: Starter clutch
Post by: sand5858 on September 15, 2014, 08:54:18 AM
Hi Bryan.
Thank's but i have already buy'ed a starter kit. Now I just need to synchronize carburetors  4 cables on my Sandcast it is the last missing.
Thank you
Tony