Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on September 14, 2014, 05:34:46 PM
-
I have to say this this site has well over 200 members and it does not matter what you ask for no one replies except the usual's Trig.Mick ,Oddjob and a couple of others.I thought this site was for fellow brothers who at hell's costs kept these precious bikes on the road at all costs.I find I have no desire to ask the sister site for anything as they are spoilt for all but I find myself getting more replies than my kinfolk in blighty.I know of pension parts etc but come on guys get real.Long ago you never dealt with anyone unless face to face but with shit like PayPal you have f all to worry about SO am I missing something or you don't like me.
Regards
Bitsa
Ps NO ITS NOT A DRINK NIGHT
-
I asked you a question the other day via PM mate ;) But, it was one of those questions that the world could not see.
-
Sorry Bitsa but all my spare parts are pretty crap.
I do have a pattern k2 seat but I know you will throw it back at me.
Mick
-
well Bitsa,
I am guessing your main interest is the CB750 genre,forgive me if I am wrong,but as I have a 500-4 ,your post,while informative
are not always related to my issues,
but ,I still read them,
as my experience is with only one bike,my knowledge is limited,maybe I act as a sponge and adsorb more than I give out,
but I want to 100% sure before I dole out advice,
but,thanks to ALL the members here,for the humour,wit and general advice,
if I can help I will,if i can't,I will watch for someone else with more knowledge to answer,
to those that have helped me,Bryan,Trigger ,Ewan and others,thank you,
and possible Oddjob,in the future,if I buy the exhausts of him !!!!
regards
John
-
No No guys that's not what I am saying.I am up for anything and would not say that's crap.It would be great just to get replies like I have this take a look at the photo and let me know if you want it.At the mo I am dealing with some yanks and I have to say they are WORSE THAN THE FRENCH IN REPLYING.Christ almighty if I need something I am out for anything just reply saying had a look sorry mate ain't got it then I can move on and try elsewhere.Not rocket science.I would do the same and the exact for others
Cheers
Bitsa
-
John
As you I read all the posts and maybe I am guilty of what I have just posted.I have knowledge of most sohc bikes but I have to agree if I have nothing for them I do intend to ignore them but when I am always surfing I do pass on what I see. Is that fair guys what I have said?
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Opp's John, don't think those exhausts are available anymore.
-
Opp's John, don't think those exhausts are available anymore.
damn !!! guess I shall have to fill the piggy bank for the £1,600,unless DSS gets his sorted,hopefully they won't be needed for
a couple of years "fingers crossed !!!! "
-
Hmm Bitsa .. just to peeyou off even more Pete from Sheffield has not replied yet to post, PM or personal email about the carb bracket you need. Here's still hoping though, he could be away or something.
Cheers ...Ash
-
Ash
Yes he has and said it was not on it. So carry on trying to find it else where
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Bitsa… I'd love to reply to more posts... if I had the knowledge… But this is all new to me! Cacking myself with the thought of the rebuild after the tear down of a 76 CB750F SS. Hopefully once finished it'll look something like a cafe racer… Hopefully I'll have the confidence to advise and join in the banter a wee bit more… and I must just say thank you to you and those others who have contributed to answer to my (daft) questions so far!
The next six months is going to be interesting!!!
Cheers
-
Liam
You are most welcome mate i Love all this even the crap.If I can give you all the help you need ask me if I know you will know.
Cheers
Bitsa
-
If this is it its yours for Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Cheers ... AshD[attachimg=1]
-
Ash
Yep thats it said your a star.Whats your paypal address mate?
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Ash
Yep thats it said your a star.Whats your paypal address mate?
Cheers
Bitsa
Not giving it to you ;D. as I said its for free. Let me know your address and I will get it posted. It's packed already and its 150gms inc packing. You can pay the post after it's been sent but I don't want a penny more than it costs me to post. Did the same with Trig and the b*gger sent me an extra 1p ::) Seriously though any small bits like that which I will never use, anyone on here is welcome too for nowt. Trying to promote peace, harmony and goodwill on this site .... man!
Cheers .. AshD
-
Bloody hell ,not many people left in the world like Ash.
Good Guy. ;)
-
Bloody hell ,not many people left in the world like Ash.
Good Guy. ;)
There are quite a few on here but they they don't post that regularly. One showed me great kindness last week by agreeing to sell me a rare part. He knows who he is! Anything to stop those horrid bidding wars on eBay or HMRC stuffing us for import charges if we buy from the States.
Cheers .. AshD
-
Same here. I've got loads of stuff I don't want to throw away, but which isn't valuable enough to justify listing on eBay. Would much rather it went to a good home.
-
Bitsa,
My bike is a hybrid 400/550/600 and I don't have a lot of specialist knowledge beyond what I've built - so not always in a position to answer posts with anything other than 'unhelpful' comments that probably don't add any value. In terms of spares - I've plenty of bits of 650...broken plastic battery tray; spare tabs & washers; choke cable brackets; fuse boxes; - which anyone could have but there isn't much call for those on the forums. So I'm always reading and enjoying the community here - but am reticent to add to posts where I can't provide any value.
-
Bitsa,
My bike is a hybrid 400/550/600 and I don't have a lot of specialist knowledge beyond what I've built - so not always in a position to answer posts with anything other than 'unhelpful' comments that probably don't add any value. In terms of spares - I've plenty of bits of 650...broken plastic battery tray; spare tabs & washers; choke cable brackets; fuse boxes; - which anyone could have but there isn't much call for those on the forums. So I'm always reading and enjoying the community here - but am reticent to add to posts where I can't provide any value.
Don't be shy Andy.. any comments most welcome! . It's not like some of the other forums where you get shot down in flames for minor gaffes in your posts!
Cheers ...Ash