Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Bodd on September 15, 2014, 05:59:50 PM

Title: Profile
Post by: Bodd on September 15, 2014, 05:59:50 PM
I'm not a new member but I had to start a new profile, when I tried to log on I kept getting a message saying my profile doesn't exist so I have registered a new one with the same details, is there any way to get my original profile and post count back ?

Title: Re: Profile
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on September 15, 2014, 07:37:51 PM
This is very odd. Only you (and me) can delete accounts and I didn't do it...

I have found one recent question on the SMF support forum where something very similar happened but nobody ever came up with a reasonable explanation.

There's nothing in the logs to show anyone deleting an account.

I don't think I can "join" your old posts with your new account, but I can set your post count directly in the database if you let me know what it was (I have no way of finding out!)

Steve
Title: Re: Profile
Post by: Bodd on September 15, 2014, 07:48:35 PM
I haven't a clue how many posts there were Steve but I was ranked "bike polisher", they are all still there under the same name I re-registered with and marked as guest but my profile picture and signature aren't there, it's no problem really just thought I would ask.
Title: Re: Profile
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on September 15, 2014, 08:01:24 PM
Bike Polisher was 51-100 posts so I'll bung you back in at 75.

[This is NOT an offer to edit anyone else's postcount!]

Steve