Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Richw on September 16, 2014, 03:19:15 PM

Title: New member
Post by: Richw on September 16, 2014, 03:19:15 PM
Hello all,this is my first post.I've rebuilt three Honda fours over the years,a 1971 750K1,a 1977 Honda 400/4 YVY206R if anyone knows it's where abouts,and my current 400/4 which is a 460Mocheck replica
Title: Re: New member
Post by: AshimotoK0 on September 16, 2014, 03:25:16 PM
Welcome  :) . I am in Willerby East Yorks. My '69 750K0 (TAJ30H Red)  and 1st 400/4 (XDN128R  Blue) came from York . My mate Dave Wood from college  has a bike shop in York in Haleys Terrace and formally in Acomb.

Your old 400/4 is still around ... somewhere but as we have found on this site it's hard to locate the whereabouts of vehicles ...unless you are a rip off parking person !

Cheers ... AshD

Vehicle enquiry
Registration number: YVY 206R
✔ SORN
✗ No MOT
Expired: 29 July 2013
Vehicle excise duty
Vehicle excise duty rate for vehicle
6 Month rate   Â£31.90
12 Month rate   Â£58.00
Vehicle details
Vehicle make HONDA Date of first registration 14 February 1977 Year of manufacture 1977 Cylinder capacity (cc) 408cc COâ‚‚Emissions Not available Fuel type PETROL Export marker No Vehicle status SORN in place Vehicle colour RED Vehicle type approval Not available
Title: Re: New member
Post by: tom400f on September 16, 2014, 03:34:08 PM
£58 to put a 400 on the road for 1 yr, 80 quid for a 750. For how many miles road use?

1974 is a long time ago.

Abolish road tax and put it on fuel (if you must)

Thieving sods.

(ok I'm alright now, honest)
Title: Re: New member
Post by: mickwinf on September 16, 2014, 06:35:49 PM
welcome Rich, I remember the mocheck 400s very quick bikes in their day
Title: Re: New member
Post by: UK Pete on September 16, 2014, 06:58:59 PM
Hi rich, and welcome to the forum
pete
Title: Re: New member
Post by: AshimotoK0 on September 16, 2014, 07:14:23 PM
welcome Rich, I remember the mocheck 400s very quick bikes in their day

Mochheck 'Harrier'
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Richw on September 17, 2014, 08:09:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome chaps,I'll post some pictures when I get five minutes