Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: ted_paper on September 21, 2014, 08:46:06 PM
-
Hi,
I will have to be replacing the swinging arm bush pretty soon and have a couple of questions.
Is it worthwhile trying to find the bronze ones that I've read about or are DSS pattern replacements fine?
I've also read that the "collars" may be worn and that these are no longer available - I've tried to find the part numbers for these but can't see them on my parts list - can anybody help identify these?
Thanks
-
DSS pattern bushes are as good as genuine, but, bronze bushes are far superior. The collar you are referring to is the long tube that is inside the bushes in the swing arm
-
Not sure what you are on about with "collars". There is only one collar with part number 52141-361-000. Bronze bush is the best.
-
here you go>>> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB-500-550-750-Four-Schwingenlager-Bronzebuchsen-Swingarm-Bushings-Bearing-/131207862914?pt=DE_Motorradteile&hash=item1e8c991a82
The price is for a pair ;)
-
You are correct in that the collar is NLA BUT it is not that difficult to get it reground circular and then have a pair of bronze bushes made with a slightly smaller hole to compensate----then grease it every 1,000 miles or once a month so it don't wear out again!!
-
Thanks for the replies...looks like bronze wins :)