Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: MCTID on September 29, 2014, 04:24:37 AM

Title: Greetings from sunny Worthing
Post by: MCTID on September 29, 2014, 04:24:37 AM
Hi......just joined sohc.........as I really appreciate the crazy banter and wit. I'm a member of the TOMCC as I own a 1970 Triumph Bonneville (still in a thousand bits.......but very shiny and looking good........and hopefully not too far off completion as I have recently retired). Next project I hope will be an early CB750 as they look a worthwhile challenge and I have always loved them (and most Hondas.....having previously owned 2 X CB 1300's; CB750FN; VFR800 and a CX500). Besides the Bonneville I also own a ZZR1100 but don't really get out on it as much as I would like to.  Hope to find out pros and cons of buying and restoring sohc fours from you venerable peeps and look forward to making new friendships via the Forum.
Title: Re: Greetings from sunny Worthing
Post by: UK Pete on September 29, 2014, 06:54:47 AM
Hi MCTID, the  cb750's are well worth restoring, they are getting to be one of the easiest bikes to restore as there are so many people remaking parts for them, the earlier you go the harder and more expensive it becomes trying to restore using NOS and original parts though, however they are still fetching good money when you come to sell and so can be regarded as a reasonable investment
they are easy to build up and you will find all you need on this forum to build one up from a pile of bits if you want
pete
Title: Re: Greetings from sunny Worthing
Post by: AshimotoK0 on September 29, 2014, 08:20:12 AM
Yes ... welcome from me too. Which model of 750 are you looking at?  +1 on UK Petes comments

START WITH THIS DOWNLOAD FROM MY DROPBOX!!! A bit of bedtime reading for you!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/anpzqn2r55f1o9k/CB750%20Mega%20Parts%20Service%20and%20More.pdf?dl=0

Cheers ... AshD
Title: Re: Greetings from sunny Worthing
Post by: mickwinf on September 29, 2014, 09:04:36 AM
Welcome to the forum and hope you find that 750 project.
Title: Re: Greetings from sunny Worthing
Post by: JamesH on September 29, 2014, 09:32:44 AM
Welcome Alan and thanks for your PM - will reply a little later.

You're def in the right place - great wealth of knowledge here and nice bunch who know how to take a joke...but more importantly love these amazing bikes. If you want to pop across and have a go on one of my 750's let me know. James
Title: Re: Greetings from sunny Worthing
Post by: Green1 on September 29, 2014, 12:25:27 PM
Welcome
Really can't go wrong with these old girls even I can keep them going.

Mick
Title: Re: Greetings from sunny Worthing
Post by: Lynx on September 29, 2014, 03:32:53 PM
Welcome MCTID. I know Worthing well. I lived around the Littlehampton area most my life. Good luck with the new project. Lots of good advice to be had on here.
Title: Re: Greetings from sunny Worthing
Post by: Trigger on September 29, 2014, 05:31:59 PM
Welcome to the mad and crazy world of the SOHC. I have just taken on a K2 but, it will have to be assessed before i put my hand in my pocket. Loads of good information to be had.
Title: Re: Greetings from sunny Worthing
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on September 29, 2014, 06:59:14 PM

I am with Trig on that and welcome
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Greetings from sunny Worthing
Post by: Nurse Julie on September 29, 2014, 09:35:24 PM
Welcome from Dungeness. Used to live the other side of the South Downs, on top of the hill in Crowborough. Now down at sea level, well under sea level at times !!!. The chaps on this forum are great, a good laugh and very knowledgeable. They advise me on fast idle speeds etc and I advise them on enemas and uses for Soda Bicarbonate for skin burns !!! Fair trade I think. Good to have you with us

Regards
Julie
Title: Re: Greetings from sunny Worthing
Post by: MCTID on September 30, 2014, 01:40:35 PM
Just to say thanks to all the kind folks who have taken the time to welcome me to the sohc forum......much appreciated and I am already feeling at home. On jollidays at the moment in sunny Turkey so enjoying catching up on the various sohc threads and posted CB750 articles etc. You peeps certainly know your stuff and I can see that there is a lot of help available, and I hope to reciprocate in the future. The 1970 to 1975/6 'ish' K models are my thing........if I am asked to pick any favourites (from so many great Hondas)........so watch this space. Is there a place on sohc for buying and selling Bikes and parts........For Sale and Wanted etc?...............as this may be a good place for me to start.
Title: Re: Greetings from sunny Worthing
Post by: AshimotoK0 on September 30, 2014, 02:30:53 PM
Just to say thanks to all the kind folks who have taken the time to welcome me to the sohc forum......much appreciated and I am already feeling at home. On jollidays at the moment in sunny Turkey so enjoying catching up on the various sohc threads and posted CB750 articles etc. You peeps certainly know your stuff and I can see that there is a lot of help available, and I hope to reciprocate in the future. The 1970 to 1975/6 'ish' K models are my thing........if I am asked to pick any favourites (from so many great Hondas)........so watch this space. Is there a place on sohc for buying and selling Bikes and parts........For Sale and Wanted etc?...............as this may be a good place for me to start.

Desperately seeking on here perhaps?

Cheers .. AshD