Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: JustcallmeMrT on October 18, 2014, 02:49:44 PM

Title: Brake rotors... so now I need 2.
Post by: JustcallmeMrT on October 18, 2014, 02:49:44 PM
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/18/1764cc7df653ad1c1b6e251bbaf94df0.jpg)

Seems the PO did a little modification to get them to fit to the comstars.  I'm not convinced this is safe.

Where to for new rotors?
Title: Re: Brake rotors... so now I need 2.
Post by: Johnwebley on October 18, 2014, 03:54:19 PM
several for sale on fleabay,around the £40 mark,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB750-CB550-CB500-4-Front-Brake-Disc-295mm-Diameter-7mm-Thickness-/351191082953?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item51c49ea7c9

Title: Re: Brake rotors... so now I need 2.
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on October 18, 2014, 08:36:03 PM
Yeah have to say not good but most call them brake discs not rotors.If you do look type the later or it will search the USA and as you know post aint cheap
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Brake rotors... so now I need 2.
Post by: matthewmosse on October 18, 2014, 10:55:34 PM
Oh dear, what a mess. Stuipid bit is a proper set of disks for the comstars and sell the 550 ones would have been cheaper then killing 2 good disks. Might be possible to get those centers repaired, but given they are safely critical, I personally would be not that keen to try, better replace and have peace of mind. Having seen that I am in no doubt you are absolutely right to go through that bike carefully. Sometimes ignorance can be the most dangerous tool in the box.
Title: Re: Brake rotors... so now I need 2.
Post by: Bryanj on October 18, 2014, 11:31:43 PM
As a hint 500 twin and 550 four are the same, also 450 twin but they would cost more!!
Title: Re: Brake rotors... so now I need 2.
Post by: JustcallmeMrT on October 18, 2014, 11:48:00 PM
Would these work?  Are the 750 and 550 discs the same?
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281466099211&alt=web
Title: Re: Brake rotors... so now I need 2.
Post by: Trigger on October 18, 2014, 11:54:10 PM
Two different size disc's. The one from the K7 is bigger in OD.
Title: Re: Brake rotors... so now I need 2.
Post by: JustcallmeMrT on October 19, 2014, 01:18:38 PM
Nuts.  Thought I may have found a deal.