Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: philward on October 19, 2014, 04:55:06 PM
-
Hi Guys
Anybody got any tips on putting first lot of brake fluid in the front brake system on my K2? I always have trouble! Just wont pump any fluid at all out of reservoir - have tried tying lever to bars with bleed nipple open and leaving it for a few hours but to no avail - had this trouble on every rebuild I've done. Res is original with DS rebuild kit and caliper has new piston/seal.
Phil
-
I have heard about filling from the calliper bleed nipple.
U need a tube and a large syringe.
I havent done this myself but only read about it
-
I always open the nipple and pump like crazy when the fluid is through I then do the nipple up and tie the leaver for the night.
Mick
-
Syringed back from the nipple worked well for me, this ebayer is selling syringe , fluid and tubing for £10.55
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/One-Man-Motorcycle-Bleed-Kit-Syringes-Silicone-Tubing-Brake-fluid-/251677901093?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&var=&hash=item3a992c0125
-
Indians! Large syringe.I think we need the Nurse.
The brake system is a system so look at it that way. Bleed the master first, as Mick says pump like mad or just keep tapping the brake lever. You will find a lot of bubbles in the master. Open the nipple and carry on. Once you see no bubbles in the master than start to shut off the nipple until you get a little pressure. At this point start opening and closing the nipple while obtaining pressure in the master.
-
;) hi guys done one of my CB750 about 3months ago completely empty system (what a nightmare) the only way i got it done was reverse bleed with a proper hand pump thingy borrowed it off a heavy plant fitter in work done the business for me after three days of pratting about with all sorts of ideas i got to admit its now the best brake i have out of five CB750s if you can borrow one your onto a winner as the guys said you will see the bubbles come back up the master cylinder but don't go over 15 psi you will blow the seals good luck
-
I would not have put it like trigger said but come on guys why do you have so much problem?
I have done many and all I do is open bleed valve fill cylinder gentle grip the pipe pump the lever which forces the fluid down when it comes out at the caliper relax lever top up squeeze again and pump.
When it starts to get hard open valve and let the air out.
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Sorry Bitsa was that a too in you face?
The only time i use a syringe is when i have over filled the master and have to take some out.
I have never had a problem in bleeding up a system that did not have a problem.
-
No Trig cowboys bit and I am with you on this never had problems
Cheers
Bitsa
-
The only time Iv had issues was with my dads trophy with newly rebuilt calipers as there was a little air in the caliper bodies.
Don't go upsetting more members you two. ;)
Mick
-
As if we would ;) ;)
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Ok, Bitsa. I have corrected what i said about Cowboy's. Now i will get done for discrimination ;) ;) ;)
-
:o :o
-
Thanks makes my day all this.
If some one comes up with an answer to my master cylinder it will make my month I hate ordering the wrong bits.
Cheers
Bitsa
-
What was the question?
Never mined I won't be able to help anyway
Mick
-
Mick its under cb750 master cylinder and you might be able to answer
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Been in the garage for an hour and come in to several helpful tips - pretty much what I've been doing really. Think its just persistence - have got fluid out of caliper nipple by cracking joint at junction half way down line. Levers strapped to bar at moment while I'm having my tea!
Thanks everyone