Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: AshimotoK0 on October 31, 2014, 07:15:31 PM

Title: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: AshimotoK0 on October 31, 2014, 07:15:31 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB750-CB500-CB550-CB450-CB400-Clocks-/261646077611?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item3ceb524eab

thought the faces should look like the attached image below?

Kent 400 .. bet you know  ;)

Sounds like they are in Rotherham.

Ash


[attachimg=1]
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: UK Pete on October 31, 2014, 07:22:14 PM
My k1 speedo has red  then amber for the jewels where as these have blue and red
pete
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: Trigger on October 31, 2014, 07:43:00 PM
K1 should be, beam - flash on the speedo and oil - neutral. The ones in the link Ash have Gen on one of the jewel, can't bloody remember were i have seen that before.
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: Green1 on October 31, 2014, 07:51:25 PM
There Laverda clocks I know because I cannibalized some for parts

Mick
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: Trigger on October 31, 2014, 07:54:40 PM
Let the bidding begin. should of kept quite Mick.
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: Green1 on October 31, 2014, 07:58:24 PM
I know I realized that as soon as I wrote it  ::)
FYI the internals are slightly different plastic gears instead of metal damper pot is slightly different too.

Mick
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: Trigger on October 31, 2014, 07:59:43 PM
I thought Laverda red line was at 6.500 rpm.
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: AshimotoK0 on October 31, 2014, 08:04:08 PM
Wonder if the mileage is correct?

Also see face plates from Lecrams Site below.

 [attachimg=1]
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: Green1 on October 31, 2014, 08:13:56 PM
I never had the rev counter but the speedo face was identical they don't all say Laverda on them.If I can find it I will post a pic.
I think it was of a jota

Mick
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: AshimotoK0 on October 31, 2014, 08:27:26 PM
I have asked the seller to add a photo of the rear view.

cheers .. AshD
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: JamesH on October 31, 2014, 08:32:38 PM

I have asked the seller to add a photo of the rear view.

cheers .. AshD
What of him or the clocks?
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: AshimotoK0 on October 31, 2014, 08:35:38 PM

I have asked the seller to add a photo of the rear view.

cheers .. AshD
What of him or the clocks?

Ha Ha James .. all this talk of bottoms is getting a bit Benny Hill

SEE this post guys Laverda 500 ???

http://www.laverdaforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=89242.0

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: JamesH on October 31, 2014, 08:41:59 PM
Well I am from Brighton...
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: AshimotoK0 on October 31, 2014, 08:43:05 PM
Well I am from Brighton...

so your other bike's a Lambretta then  ;D
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: Trigger on October 31, 2014, 08:44:14 PM
Well I am from Brighton...
Yer, but taller than Norman Cook ;)
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: JamesH on October 31, 2014, 08:45:26 PM
Think i'd snap a lambretta in half Ash. Norman Cook - top bloke...
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: AshimotoK0 on October 31, 2014, 08:46:44 PM
Kent 400's the man but I reckon with one of lecram's 750K0 kits these may convert to K0 plastic gauges  but don't quote me on it.

I know that Genuine replacement K0 clocks in the latter years of availability from Honda had a different (later style) 'guts'

Cheers ... Ash
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: Green1 on October 31, 2014, 08:52:24 PM
They look just like the Honda ones once you swap the faces and the needles.The steel back plate is slightly deeper than the Honda ones though but not noticeable on the bike.  If I get back from work early enough tomorrow I will take it off and take some pics.

Mick   
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: Trigger on November 07, 2014, 06:18:18 PM
Someone knew what they were off at £139 winning bid ;D
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: Green1 on November 07, 2014, 06:57:00 PM
Don't look at me I forgot to bid  ::)
Mind you I'm glad I did as I tend to get carried away

Mick
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: Trigger on November 07, 2014, 08:14:03 PM
OK, Mick but were is Ash? Is he increasing his clock collection/fetish ;D
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: AshimotoK0 on November 07, 2014, 08:29:30 PM
OK, Mick but were is Ash? Is he increasing his clock collection/fetish ;D

Not me .. I've gone onto early CB250/350K side panels now  ::) got a fair few of those ... not intentionally !

Ash
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: Trigger on November 07, 2014, 08:37:48 PM
So it was you Ash i see out with the side panel at Pink Punters Club.
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: AshimotoK0 on November 07, 2014, 09:30:33 PM
So it was you Ash i see out with the side panel at Pink Punters Club.

Erm don't understand  ::)
Title: Re: Interesting clocks are they K1 ??
Post by: Trigger on November 07, 2014, 10:10:45 PM
So it was you Ash i see out with the side panel at Pink Punters Club.

Erm don't understand  ::)
Don't look up Pink Punters then.