Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: AshimotoK0 on November 03, 2014, 08:14:09 AM
-
Got this response on SOOC re Yamiya Seats to one of my posts: (they Don't do banter BTW Trig).
Quote from: CBman on October 31, 2014, 03:09:58 PM
"I totally understand Honda UK. Yamiya is para-siting on Honda engineers and brand. It is not legal to use Honda logo on their products.
I´m sure you will be also not happy if anybody else will use brand logo of your own company and will copy your products, or yes....?
Yamiya could be happy to not been producing Apple replicas. If so, top management will be just in prison, because Apple will not allow it."
Yes but if that's the case it should be a Honda WORLDWIDE ban not just us poor souls in Europe. Mr Honda would turn in his grave that we cannot get hold of the correct parts for our bikes. Copying is a sincere form of flattery BTW
-
my last few posts on the forum seem to be invisible, they only seem to be interested in two and 3 digit vins on the sandcast forum, and if you post up anything to do with the 69 k0, your made to sit in the naughty chair facing away from the others and think about what you have said
(http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/rolling.gif) (http://[URL=http://www.sherv.net/)/](http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/rolling.gif)
-
Pete
If they treat you like that why use it?Hope you dont donate to them for the upkeep
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Love it Pete, I have been sitting on the naughty chair since i was 11 years old. I hate the false attitude of the world, if you have something to say it. This is why i have re-named Facebook, Falsebook.
-
Pete
If they treat you like that why use it?Hope you dont donate to them for the upkeep
Cheers
Bitsa
I often wonder why myself, it is the only place to find real answers about the sandcast you just have to accept it for what it is,all factuall and no banter, when i open the site up i push the last unread post button and i swear i can see tumble weed blowing across the screen
(http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying.gif) (http://www.sherv.net/)
(http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying.gif) (http://www.sherv.net/)
-
maybe its because of all the help,and banter that flows !!!
and maybe ,we don't take ourselves so seriously !!
-
Seriously John?
-
The best forums have a good mix of knowledgeable members who are competent, and newbies who are not afraid to as silly questions and a few in the middle who can answer the bulk of questions. Keeps it interesting. As does a bit of banter, and or debate. Members building a few specials helps too keeps things fresh. Brings up a bit of debate about the best way to do something, otherwise it would become a production line forum - a kind of dry manual, no need to log in and chat, a load of answers set in stone.
-
To be fair 'KP' on there (Kerry) and Steve Swan (the founder) are better if you PM them. There is a mountain of knowledge on that site too so it is DEFINITELY worth while being a member if you have a K0.
ChrisR (UK) is an active member but only posts real gems of info. (He has the Mcyl and solid brake line from the 'Brighton' sandcast Gold bike). He is acknowleded on there as being the aficionado on Sandcasts but has real passion is for his 400/4's too (goes to work 35 miles every day on his 400/4 rain or shine) . Great guy Chris, had a chat with him at Lotherton Hall and the last Stafford show. He sold Pete his 750K1 which is lovely unmolested bike, so Pete knows him too, as does Bryan.
The thing that I found amusing was that they jump all over ANY sandcast that's mentioned on there but went totally silent when I told them about the Mecum Auction Sandcast , that Davis Silver got for a song for his museum. I guess it was a big fish that somehow escaped theirs and VicWorld/Freddy/Frank /MrMonkeyClaw's net. I deliberately kept any details from them until the auction ended because I want us to have a Sandcast in the UK that is on display for all of us to see. I gave DS as much info as I could on it's originality/value but I am no sandcast expert and so glad it turned out to be a gud un for him. I reckon it's the best value original, low miles sandcast I have ever seen for sale by a mile.
Cheers ... AshD
-
It is a good site , just emotionless,but factual
pete
-
They might be grooming you Pete, did they tell you not to tell any adults what they said? ;)
Don't let on about the rabbit either.
-
This forum is just the same as all the others, good people and bad people, I have had some good advice but I have also been told my 400/4 café racer build isn't worth it, that's why I now only post when I have a question the more knowledgeable can answer about the 400/4.
-
Howdy Bodd I have been following your build.
Not sure on the pipe but that's what I like about cafe racers you can stamp your own mark on them.
Don't hate me for it.
FYI the person that dissed your bike has gone so you can post on here again.
Mick
-
Who was the disser mick
-
As forum "owner", I have been following this thread with interest.
I didn't ever believe that the gentleman concerned would last long on here. He'd have been better off on .net trolling about gun laws and US politics.
Thank god this forum sticks to bikes (mostly)
Steve
-
Who was the disser mick
i reckon it was b*ke Pu**er and he's gone now!
Steve .. any chance you can find Bodd's deleted posts?
I know we waffle on sometimes and banter but there is a real undercurrent of factual stuff too.
BTW I thought the CL350 Cafe' in the 'Girl With The Dragon Tatoo' was great a won't diss anyone with a cafe
-
I'm a great fan of the dragon tattoo books and films. That's thats Swedish ones - not the Hollywood effort.
In the book it was Kawasaki. I must have missed the CL?
-
This forum is the highlight of my otherwise very boring days at the moment. Gives me a warm glow if I can help somebody, still learn a lot from some posts/users, and as for the banter, I reckon Bitsa and Trigger should form a double act, they'd make a fortune;D As regards that idiot having a go about Bodd's bike, we're better off without people like that, Cafe racers aren't my thing, but then nor are chops etc, but it's nice to see what other people get up to with their bikes, Honda SOHC bikes and engines are what I think the forum is about, if it's got an SOHC Honda engine, from C50's and SS 50's through to the CB750's and everything in between, it interests me! As regards dissing peoples bikes, feel free to have a dig at me anytime, I'm using a C90 chicken chaser as my everyday ride at the moment due to health issues/hospital f#ck ups, abd I forgot how much fun they are, thrash them silly, 100+ mpg, and they keep on going, AND it's an SOHC:)) So keep it coming guys and girls, much better than T.V.>:D
Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2
-
This forum is just the same as all the others, good people and bad people, I have had some good advice but I have also been told my 400/4 café racer build isn't worth it, that's why I now only post when I have a question the more knowledgeable can answer about the 400/4.
Bodd, i have also been following your 400/4 build. Nice bit of fabrication work.
-
Steve .. any chance you can find Bodd's deleted posts?
No posts are ever lost or deleted* - if a member deletes their account, all their posts are assigned to "Guest".
Bodd's posts are all in the database and restoring them to his new account would be technically simple. Just find the 80-odd posts amongst the 39,000 in the database and reassign them by writing his new user ID directly into the table. Technically simple but logistically impossible unless someone is clever enough to write a script to do it (I'm not...)
So, his old posts are labelled "Bodd - Guest" as opposed to "Bodd - SOHC Associate" and as long as he can live with that, I can too.
I'm useless at fabrication and only look in awe at some of the stuff you guys can make. I can do electrics though :)
Steve
* If you delete a post it goes into a (hidden) "Deleted Posts" database - nothing is ever deleted completely. That way I can (usually) resurrect something that may have been deleted by accident.
Only admins can see the deleted posts folder (so that's just me then!)
-
I'm a great fan of the dragon tattoo books and films. That's thats Swedish ones - not the Hollywood effort.
In the book it was Kawasaki. I must have missed the CL?
Yes read all the three books Steve in proper paper form but have them in 'e' format if anyone wants them I can put on my Dropbox just pm me.
Yes in book it was a Kawa 125 and Swedish film it was a Yamaha WR250X but in the Hollywood one it was a Honda CL350 (or was it really a CB model donor bike. It says 'Type 1' on the cam cover so must have been an early bike with the 'fat' cam.
I think 'Type 1'=180 degree crank in Honda speak but don't quote me on it).
Everyone says CL model but more of the CB in it. Oh Hell starting to get anoraky again well here goes. Is it a K0 or a K1 and why are the forks not the gaitered type (the Americans had gaitered forks on CL model & Shrouded ones on the CB model. Interestingly we got the gaitered type on the first model CB250's. The tank looks more like a CB modified later tank (but no kneepads or sign of them ... started omitting kneepads at K2) . The front 'fender' is a later model type off a CB not CL as the CL had a 'shorty' one and the CB a top braced one. The giveaway for a '69 K1 is the little orange reflector on the front of the fender. Lots of Honda US models in '69 had that reflector for that year only (175 and 450 models inc.) and they are mega rare to get hold of now. Rear fender looks stock. Last time I looked at DK's classic stock video he described a "Sea of CL350's"...they certainly have a good few of them , that's for sure !
Little demon in me saying Anorak off ... get on with your work Ash !!
Cheers ...Ash
Links:
http://selvedgeyard.com/2011/12/12/the-epic-bike-build-goes-to-glory-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo/
http://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/2012/01/girl-with-dragon-tattoo-motorcycle.html
http://glorymotorworks.com/#
Cheers ... Ash
[attachimg=1]
Quote from the Bike builder:-
“I got the call to meet with [director] David Fincher and discuss motorcycles for a new film he was doing,†says Kell. “I bought all three Larsson books and read them in three days: the character of Lisbeth Salander is killer. As I read the books, I kept thinking that Lisbeth’s bike would be the kind of bike most 20-somethings with limited financial recourses would ride. She wouldn’t have an expensive modern bike: she would have an inexpensive older bike that would be customized to fit her personality.â€
Originally, the producers considered using modern bikes. “I had to convince Fincher that we could build vintage bikes to be as reliable as modern bikes. David leaves no detail untouched: he knows that a broken motorcycle can delay production and cost the film company thousands of dollars.†Kell also had to keep the art director happy, make the bike fit the conceptual drawings, and build bikes that would start and perform whenever called upon.
He had 30 days to find, buy and rebuild three late-60s Honda CB350s. “I went after low mileage, original machines in stock condition. We looked at updating charging systems and upgrading performance.†The script called for a lot of high speed riding, plus off-road action on ice and snow. Bikes in movies are usually started and shut down hundreds of times during a day of filming: this means that starter motors have to be rebuilt, and three-wire high-output charging systems installed.
Kell also increased the battery box size, so he could fit a higher amperage sealed battery. “The lighting is always super important in a Fincher film, so the bikes were fitted with HID lamps. All the metal parts were stripped and cleaned, and sent out for paint, powdercoating, polishing or cadmium plating. “We ended up powdercoating the wheels and using bigger gauge SS spokes. We replaced everything: new clutches, new brakes, new wiring harnesses and every fastener on the bike. The motors were torn down to the cranks, we trued the flywheels, did valve jobs and replaced pistons and rings.†The carbs were rebuilt and the fuel tanks were stripped and re-lined. Flat track style seats were installed, covered in vintage glove leather.
-
I'm a great fan of the dragon tattoo books and films. That's thats Swedish ones - not the Hollywood effort.
In the book it was Kawasaki. I must have missed the CL?
I loved the books,and the original film(s)
just reading how she rode the bike at the end of the first book made me shiver,it seemed so cold !!!