Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: ShaunJ on November 07, 2014, 02:21:39 PM
-
It looks like the bottom half of my crankcase breather filter is completely missing. This is the one that is located directly beneath the battery box. Two pipes are connected to the cap which effectively go direct to the atmosphere. I can't seen to track down a replacement bottom part. Two questions first one is does it matter? The second one is are there alternatives to the OE filter?
-
http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb750k7-four-england_model14390/partslist/F15.html#results
Take another look here so you can see what your looking for best bet EBAY.
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Thanks Bitsa. It looks like DK have one on eBay for £30. I need to double check mine as it looks slightly different, maybe there were differences between UK and USA specification. Might make them an offer as I am not sure it will work and I am from Yorkshire :)
-
Shaun
Yer right :D, all its for is to reburn the gases from the cases etc you can do away with it if you like.On the older ones the vent from the rocker just goes into the atmosphere and the case gases went back into the oil tank.It was for the states as usual so its up to you do you want her original?
Cheers
Bitsa
-
The same canister is used on the 750F1, took mine off and threw it away many years ago, makes no difference to the running. Just fitted a longer breather from the casings to go down and out near the stand pivot. If you're a true Yorkshireman you can just extend the pipe with a bit of garden hose or similar (pinch a bit from a neighbour's hose?) and hey presto, no money spent>:D
Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2
-
Agree with Hairygit git but would find something better than a friggin garden hose you green bugger
Cheers
Bitsa
-
T'was a joke Bitsa:o But seriously, just extend the breather down the back of the engine and out by the c/stand.
Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2
-
Yeah of course mate but what you said is right
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Bet NurseJulie could find you some interesting rubber tubing from her hospital ;D
-
Is that another of your fetishes coming to light here Ash?:o
Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2
-
For frac sake give it up guys no wonder wonder why women think we are sad pricks
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Certainly something to think about. Nurses.... Rubber Tubes.... Fetishes.... I completely forgot about the Crankcase Breather :o
-
Shaun
Saw one today on ebay k7 breather
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Thanks Bitsa
There were two one for £30 or offers and the other for £15 both from DK. Obviously I bought the cheaper one.
-
Shaun
well done that's you sorted WHO's next?
Cheers
Bitsa
-
ME!
-
Trig
Ask and you may receive,well maybe ;) ;)
Cheers
Bitsa
-
A set of NOS 341's. I know that Mick has a set but, i will have to track him down.
-
You will never find me. :P
Mick
-
Trig
So have I but they are for my k2 I am doing sorry mate but will keep an eye out for you :(Got them a couple of years ago from the dutch crowd 1700 euros ouch
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Bitsa, Don't worry i know were i can lay my dirty mit's on some ;)
-
Your not going to see your mate Bike pusher are you?
Mick
-
The K5 had 4 into 2's Mick. If he had 341's they would not be on it anymore.
-
I don't know what was on it someone picked all the good bits.
Mick
-
I left the carbs Mick.
-
Mick
You dont know who ;)?There is still a bit of it on ebay
Cheers
Bitsa
-
I wonder if that's all that's left?
Will he break even?
Mick
-
Hope not spat his dummy out on here
Cheers
Bitsa