Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Trigger on November 18, 2014, 11:57:17 AM

Title: Small Plate location CB500 Four
Post by: Trigger on November 18, 2014, 11:57:17 AM
Anyone have an idea where part number 50400-323-000 goes on a CB500K0. The microfiche shows the part but, not its location.Help
Title: Re: Small Plate location CB500 Four
Post by: Nurse Julie on November 18, 2014, 12:37:13 PM
According to Google it's an Ignition Coil Cable protector which you probably already know, so I may have been no help to you at all Trigg  :-* :-*
Title: Re: Small Plate location CB500 Four
Post by: simonster on November 18, 2014, 12:53:13 PM
The attached should help.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Small Plate location CB500 Four
Post by: simonster on November 18, 2014, 12:54:16 PM
And this..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Small Plate location CB500 Four
Post by: simonster on November 18, 2014, 12:57:26 PM
Sorry the images aren't too clear, it is part number 19 which is a protective plate for the hytension leads.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Small Plate location CB500 Four
Post by: Trigger on November 18, 2014, 01:02:59 PM
According to Google it's an Ignition Coil Cable protector which you probably already know, so I may have been no help to you at all Trigg  :-* :-*

No worries girl. I know what it is but, can't find a place for it :'(
Simon, It has a hole but, the hole is a little too big for the bolt on the coils.
Title: Re: Small Plate location CB500 Four
Post by: Johnwebley on November 18, 2014, 01:13:12 PM
is it the soft metal clip/strap ,and the hole is the pin the round tank rubbers fit on?

Title: Re: Small Plate location CB500 Four
Post by: simonster on November 18, 2014, 01:31:31 PM
I found that mine was missing  and I made a plate from thin ally to fit the 6 mm bolt that threads through the ignition coil bracket. It wasn't essential but keeps the leads from gaping.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Small Plate location CB500 Four
Post by: Lobo on November 18, 2014, 01:36:45 PM
Trig... no 500' knowledge, but it is this part - ie to keep #1 & #4 ign leads clear of gubbins abouts the top of the cylinder head?

S
Title: Re: Small Plate location CB500 Four
Post by: simonster on November 18, 2014, 01:42:55 PM
I should also say, I'm still a novice on the renovation of these motors and I could be wrong. That said the piece I made does the job as I suggested.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Small Plate location CB500 Four
Post by: Ewan 500 K1 on November 18, 2014, 02:17:46 PM
here you go Trig, it protects / guides the blue wire from the coil to the loom. Or at least thats what it does on mine ! ..... while noting that the parts diagram has it the other way round and the other way up

[attachimg=1]
Title: Re: Small Plate location CB500 Four
Post by: Ewan 500 K1 on November 18, 2014, 02:18:43 PM
and another[attachimg=1]
Title: Re: Small Plate location CB500 Four
Post by: Trigger on November 18, 2014, 04:44:47 PM
Cheers Ewan, Bloody strange little part and all for one wire. You also have a bolt missing out your horn mate.
Title: Re: Small Plate location CB500 Four
Post by: Trigger on November 18, 2014, 04:49:13 PM
is it the soft metal clip/strap ,and the hole is the pin the round tank rubbers fit on?

That's a harness strap/hook that goes on the left side John.
Title: Re: Small Plate location CB500 Four
Post by: mickwinf on November 18, 2014, 05:55:21 PM
on mine its like this but don't know if its correct, ewans way looks more logical.
Title: Re: Small Plate location CB500 Four
Post by: Ewan 500 K1 on November 18, 2014, 06:15:38 PM
mick's photo matches the parts diagram schematic, so I guess its correct .... and holds the blue wire off potentially hot coils ?
Only got room for one horn bolt .... steering damper means the horn gets in the way if its mounted orrectly
Title: Re: Small Plate location CB500 Four
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on November 18, 2014, 06:43:49 PM
Well I never
so why just the blue what protects the yellow then?
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Small Plate location CB500 Four
Post by: Trigger on November 18, 2014, 06:45:51 PM
Bitsa, The CB550 have the same coil location and no little plate.
Title: Re: Small Plate location CB500 Four
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on November 18, 2014, 06:49:09 PM
Trig
Honda did fit some weird things in their time and a mystery to me, like the front brake hose guide on all the fours if I recall right works just as well without
Cheers
Bitsa