Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: martin_uk on November 19, 2014, 05:03:29 PM
-
Looking for ideas on plastic coating the various clips and cable brackets after plating/powder coating.
Pics are before.
(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7565/15637729590_683f5fa5e8_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/pPRscq)2014_0428cb750B40020 (https://flic.kr/p/pPRscq) by nitram2010 (https://www.flickr.com/people/46578358@N07/), on Flickr
(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7548/15822682845_45b1f23f87_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/q7comD)2014_0418cb750B40063 (https://flic.kr/p/q7comD) by nitram2010 (https://www.flickr.com/people/46578358@N07/), on Flickr
(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7500/15203253273_0c9beb7d04_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/pasDwr)2014_0418cb750B40064 (https://flic.kr/p/pasDwr) by nitram2010 (https://www.flickr.com/people/46578358@N07/), on Flickr
Tried http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLASTIDIP-PLASTI-DIP-PLASTIC-RUBBER-PAINT-SPRAY-CANS-AEROSOL-400ML-BLACK-/261659892514?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cec251b22 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLASTIDIP-PLASTI-DIP-PLASTIC-RUBBER-PAINT-SPRAY-CANS-AEROSOL-400ML-BLACK-/261659892514?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cec251b22)
Sort of works, but needs lots of coats.
It is more like rubber than the soft plastic type finish to match original I am looking for.
For any rubber/plastics specialists, please forgive the non technical description :D
Does any one know how the originals were done?
Thanks
-
I remember meeting an american that recoated pliers and other similar type handles with a two
part mix, sorry cant remember name but american online accessory shops might be a starting point to look
-
I seem to think Eastwood have a brushable/dippable material in different colours. Frost stock their stuff.
Ian
-
Looking for ideas on plastic coating the various clips and cable brackets after plating/powder coating.
Pics are before.
(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7565/15637729590_683f5fa5e8_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/pPRscq)2014_0428cb750B40020 (https://flic.kr/p/pPRscq) by nitram2010 (https://www.flickr.com/people/46578358@N07/), on Flickr
(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7548/15822682845_45b1f23f87_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/q7comD)2014_0418cb750B40063 (https://flic.kr/p/q7comD) by nitram2010 (https://www.flickr.com/people/46578358@N07/), on Flickr
(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7500/15203253273_0c9beb7d04_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/pasDwr)2014_0418cb750B40064 (https://flic.kr/p/pasDwr) by nitram2010 (https://www.flickr.com/people/46578358@N07/), on Flickr
Tried http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLASTIDIP-PLASTI-DIP-PLASTIC-RUBBER-PAINT-SPRAY-CANS-AEROSOL-400ML-BLACK-/261659892514?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cec251b22 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLASTIDIP-PLASTI-DIP-PLASTIC-RUBBER-PAINT-SPRAY-CANS-AEROSOL-400ML-BLACK-/261659892514?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cec251b22)
Sort of works, but needs lots of coats.
It is more like rubber than the soft plastic type finish to match original I am looking for.
For any rubber/plastics specialists, please forgive the non technical description :D
Does any one know how the originals were done?
Thanks
Also available in liquid form which will allow you to dip several times to build up to the depth you want?
http://www.plastidip.co.uk/eStore/index.cfm?Plastidip_Junior_Can_250ml&stage=3&colour=Red,Blue,Yellow,Black,White,Clear,Black_Cherry,Black_Blue_(Blurple),Green,Flex_Blue,Bright_Aluminum&pid=PDL-0029
-
The components have been 'dip-moulded' its the only way to achieve a black shiny pvc finish. There are companies that do this but they may only be interested in quantity.
I had a batch of cable covers made early in the year, but I had to wait months due to the low order quantity.
Alan
-
Big AL
Have to say they look real nice I would have 1 or 2 of them great stuff
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Thanks Bitsa,
My websites will be updated next Wednesday, so anyone can order single items
Alan