Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Chris400F on November 19, 2014, 09:53:11 PM

Title: Hello from Leicester
Post by: Chris400F on November 19, 2014, 09:53:11 PM
Hi all,
I came across this site and it looks good so I have signed up. I have just got a low mileage CB400/4 F2, some 37 years after I first fancied one - I never managed to get one in my younger days! I also currently have a CB250 G5 in bits (the same as one I did own back then). Now all I want are the bits I would have added to the bike had I got one back then, specifically a Rickman rack and crash bar, but there don't seem to be a lot about.
Looking forward to getting out and about on it when the weather warms up again.
Title: Re: Hello from Leicester
Post by: Nurse Julie on November 19, 2014, 10:20:16 PM
Welcome Chris.
We must be of a similar vintage !!!. I did have a 400/4 in the late 70's and then went through god knows how many different bikes over the past 35 years. Now back down to a 400 again, they say what goes around comes around. The chaps on here are great, really helpful (although a bit PMT / male menopausal at times  ;D ;D) and their knowledge on these old Honda's is fantastic. Great to see another 400 owner on here.
Regards
Julie
PS.....Keep your eyes off my crash bars ;D ;D
Title: Re: Hello from Leicester
Post by: Bryanj on November 20, 2014, 08:14:03 AM
I resemble that remark Julie, but at my age I think i am well past the PMT
Title: Re: Hello from Leicester
Post by: UK Pete on November 20, 2014, 08:47:35 AM
Hi Chris , welcome aboard fella
pete
Title: Re: Hello from Leicester
Post by: ka-ja on November 20, 2014, 09:18:12 AM
Welcome to the forum, just how many 400/4's are there still out there?
Title: Re: Hello from Leicester
Post by: tom400f on November 20, 2014, 10:12:03 AM
Welcome Chris. Please post a pic when you have time.  :)
Title: Re: Hello from Leicester
Post by: Drew400 on November 20, 2014, 10:24:32 AM
Welcome Chris,

I joined a few months ago as I contemplated a rebuild of my tatty 400/4 bought a couple of years earlier.

Members have been hugely helpful not just with tips, but also sending me parts and such. Thankfully I've had the opportunity to reciprocate. So don't, like me, worry if you feel it's all take. There'll be opportunities to give too.

Enjoy,

D.
Title: Re: Hello from Leicester
Post by: Trigger on November 20, 2014, 06:58:09 PM
welcome, loads of great info on the 400's to be have on this site.