Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: StClair on November 21, 2014, 08:43:05 AM
-
Hi folks,
What are your preferences, please, for improving the headlamp performance?
The beam seems to kinda dribble out of the lamp, bounce off the mudguard, and then fade into insignificance.........
or...... the lamp is rubbish - help! :(
Thanks in advance.
-
See if you can track down a 70's Cibie H- or Z-beam
Steve
-
See if you can track down a 70's Cibie H- or Z-beam
Steve
Agree with Steve. Have seen new Z- beam units on fleabay at £35 without the sidelight but, M&P do them with the sidelight.
-
Hi StClair,
I have nothing to add from a technical perspective, but love the way you described your problem!
Cheers,
D.
-
Thanks gentlemen, for your replies - will the standard system support those lamps, or do I have to make any modifications?
Drew; thanks to you too, it's nice to have one's wit (?) appreciated ;)
-
http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo/525334/Spares/Headlights/Cibie
Is that one going to fit a 400? Looks like Oddjob has been there :)
-
Had the Cibie concave light on my 400F2 back in the day.
I think they stated it was an H beam type ....but it gave a much better
spread of light and used a bright Halogen 55W of course.
I also ran the Martek ignition and the alternator coped with both.
-
Meant to add that fir my restored bike I biught the DSS replacement light which mimics the look of the Stanley candle powered original. It uses a Halogen bulb of some sort?
£35 plus postage.