Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: BigAlan on November 21, 2014, 09:51:05 AM

Title: Colour of bikes / years etc
Post by: BigAlan on November 21, 2014, 09:51:05 AM
I have been looking all around the usual places to find some sort of 750 which needs loving care and attention and which has not been used to a garage with carpet to sit on so i can please the wife and sit in said garage restoring something over the winter months, so i have been offered a 750 FB from 1982, not my first choice but i cant find anything else to play with, where can i find definitive information on such things as colours of paint, wheels etc from?

I would like to at least restore something back to what it was when it left the factory, or as close to.

Failing that anybody got something which would make an interesting project because that have to many other bikes to play with (here's hoping).

Alan
Title: Re: Colour of bikes / years etc
Post by: mick on November 21, 2014, 10:11:59 AM
Hi Big Alan, James has a nice K5 project bike for sale in the for sale section,

might be what your looking for and better than what you have been offered so far ( just my opinion  ;)) cheers Mick.
Title: Re: Colour of bikes / years etc
Post by: JamesH on November 21, 2014, 01:21:04 PM
Hi Alan - feel free to drop me a line - have listed a k2 and k5 in the for sale section on here...J
Title: Re: Colour of bikes / years etc
Post by: philward on November 21, 2014, 09:27:40 PM
H guys
How do I find the sale section of the site?
Phil
Title: Re: Colour of bikes / years etc
Post by: BigAlan on November 21, 2014, 09:29:45 PM
As a preference I would like to buy a complete bike as it is, then I get to strip it down and photograph everything as I go both for the end description plus I get to know what every bit is.

Alan
Title: Re: Colour of bikes / years etc
Post by: JamesH on November 21, 2014, 10:13:02 PM

As a preference I would like to buy a complete bike as it is, then I get to strip it down and photograph everything as I go both for the end description plus I get to know what every bit is.

Alan
K5 it is then BigAl
Title: Re: Colour of bikes / years etc
Post by: BigAl (Alan) on November 22, 2014, 12:02:45 PM
Very wise choice on the K5 'Big Alan' different indicators on that one.

Good Luck

Big AL
Title: Colour of bikes / years etc
Post by: JamesH on November 22, 2014, 12:18:47 PM
Ahh there's two BigA's!!! Sorry BigAl, meant BigAlan...:-). Confused.
Title: Re: Colour of bikes / years etc
Post by: BigAl (Alan) on November 22, 2014, 12:26:56 PM
That's OK James. No problem.:-).

Big Al