Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: PeterPen on November 29, 2014, 11:24:22 AM

Title: 750 PISTONS AND RINGS
Post by: PeterPen on November 29, 2014, 11:24:22 AM
Took the engine out of the K6, barrel base oil leak. All good except for pistons, ring lands worn. discovered another barrel and pistons in good shape, apart from a missing ring. Got a ring set and was about to swap pistons. Compression rings were 10 thou thicker, couldn't source correct rings. Had to assemble with worn. What are the barrels from? I can't remember. I did buy a K7 in pieces and also a K6 with spares.
Thanks Peter
Title: Re: 750 PISTONS AND RINGS
Post by: Bryanj on November 30, 2014, 12:23:32 AM
F series have different rings which probably means K7 and 8 as well
Title: Re: 750 PISTONS AND RINGS
Post by: Trigger on November 30, 2014, 05:56:25 AM
Some also have different STD pistons.
Title: Re: 750 PISTONS AND RINGS
Post by: 750rideruk on November 30, 2014, 09:28:56 AM
I have an unused 836cc kit. Pistons, rings, gudgeon pins etc and head gasket available £90.00 carriage paid if interested