Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: antonypo on December 12, 2014, 10:21:30 AM

Title: k4 fork seals
Post by: antonypo on December 12, 2014, 10:21:30 AM
Can anyone tell me which way up these go?
 Each picture is a different way up.
 If the right way is with the ridge at the top on the outside, then the chamfered edge would be slightly smaller on the inside at the top.
Hope you can understand my comments !
Title: Re: k4 fork seals
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on December 12, 2014, 11:33:32 AM
Anthony
I would say the first photo is at bottom down.
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: k4 fork seals
Post by: antonypo on December 12, 2014, 11:45:19 AM
Just phones D.S.S. where I got them from and they say the opposite to the 1st picture. I am totally confused ! Apparently the writing should be on the top(cant see it in the picture) which puts the second picture right.
The thing is if that's right, the bottom inner circumference would be smaller than the top which makes no sense if you're trying to stop oil escaping???
Title: Re: k4 fork seals
Post by: mick on December 12, 2014, 11:49:44 AM
Second photo is right way up  ;) cheers Mick.
Title: Re: k4 fork seals
Post by: antonypo on December 12, 2014, 11:54:11 AM
CHEERS ! I will go with that. Thinking  bout it the ridge on the outside will hold it in place inside the casting along with the circlip of course!
Title: Re: k4 fork seals
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on December 12, 2014, 07:32:25 PM
Mick
Didnt I say that mate? ;D ;D
Cheers
Bitsa