Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on December 14, 2014, 08:35:39 PM

Title: Cb750
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on December 14, 2014, 08:35:39 PM
Hi All
Now that I have woken you all up where,s the cheapest place including post to buy a gel battery for the above?
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Cb750
Post by: Trigger on December 14, 2014, 08:46:57 PM
M&P, Busters or someone like that. Don't blame me when it only lasts 6 months. Look for the sealed type they are better.
Title: Re: Cb750
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on December 14, 2014, 08:50:59 PM
Trig
Would never do that but have to say the gel in my other one has been exceptional great no complaints
Thanks for that
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Cb750
Post by: JamesH on December 14, 2014, 08:57:41 PM
I've had 5 motobatt agm batteries fail on me in the last year, so I'm now avoiding buying them until the quality improves...
Title: Re: Cb750
Post by: Trigger on December 14, 2014, 08:59:55 PM
And E-parts but, you have to match the numbers and measurements >>>  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lucas-AGM-GEL-Upgrade-Battery-HONDA-Hornet-600-98-YTX7L-BS-/150948973665?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item2325428c61
Title: Re: Cb750
Post by: Trigger on December 14, 2014, 09:01:11 PM
I've had 5 motobatt agm batteries fail on me in the last year, so I'm now avoiding buying them until the quality improves...

Snap James. Had a big run on those motobatt fail.
Title: Re: Cb750
Post by: JamesH on December 14, 2014, 09:07:29 PM
I suspect they've shifted production to a new larger factory - when they first came out they were untouchable and rock solid..such a shame.
What / who are you using now Graham?
Title: Re: Cb750
Post by: Trigger on December 14, 2014, 09:14:31 PM
Trying out some Lucus and Exide at the moment. But, am using the sealed type as a replacement on those little yellow bastards.
Title: Re: Cb750
Post by: Green1 on December 14, 2014, 11:16:15 PM
The Motobatt in my Trophy 1200 has been brilliant leave the bike for months and it will always start but the one in the S4 lasted no more than a month so I replaced that with a Numax AMG thing that lasted 2 weeks.To scared to buy another battery now as its costing a fortune.

Mick
Title: Re: Cb750
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on December 15, 2014, 09:34:01 AM
I've also used Motobatt on all my bikes (my 500/4 has one too). They've been fine.

Now I'm worried that a previously great product has been ruined by the manufacturer...
Title: Re: Cb750
Post by: Trigger on December 15, 2014, 04:23:54 PM
Spoke to a couple of other traders today and they all say the same. Good a few years ago but, now problems after 4 to 6 months.
Title: Re: Cb750
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on December 15, 2014, 07:06:36 PM
Trig
Interesting, I have a sealed one from my old xjr1300 which kept going flat so swopped it.It has been sitting around for a couple of years now and today put the volt meter on it and had 12 and a half volts so charged her and now seems fine wierd or what?
Cheers
Bitsa