Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: JDawg06 on September 28, 2006, 03:23:40 PM

Title: 750SS vs F vs K
Post by: JDawg06 on September 28, 2006, 03:23:40 PM
Hi, New here. Been lurking for awhile now finally joined.

I am looking into my first CB and was wondering what the differenses are between the models. A buddy of mine has an SS model (1975) for sale and I'd like to know about part interchangability. Are the frames, engines, suspensions and such all unerversal between the SS, K and F models?

For example; I like the K model tanks, do they fit the SS frames? I like the belows fork boots, will they fit the SS forks? I don't want to buy something and find out it is an odd udck and parts are hard to find.

Any help would be appreciated.
Title: Re:750SS vs F vs K
Post by: Spitfire on September 29, 2006, 11:42:37 AM
Hi,
    Sounds like you really want a K model (tank, fork boots), not 100% sure on interchangeability but I have 2 F's and finding bits for them seems harder than finding bits for a K.

Cheers

Den
Title: Re:750SS vs F vs K
Post by: JDawg06 on September 30, 2006, 01:52:15 AM
Spitfire, Your probably right about the K model. But, my buddy has an SS for sale ($400 us). It has wire wheels and fr and rear disk brakes.
Title: Re:750SS vs F vs K
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on September 30, 2006, 07:03:06 PM
The SS and the F are the same model (F=supersport).  The early Fs had wire wheels and single disks front and rear. They also had 4-1 exhaust and a fugly seat/ducktail arrangement at the back.
Original sidepanels are like hen's teeth but you can get reproductions. Most other parts are available from specialist dealers, eBay or breakers.
Title: Re:750SS vs F vs K
Post by: jimshea on October 02, 2006, 09:31:37 AM
Many parts are interchangeable on the frame and forks etc.
Side panels are different, and chain guard, rear mudguard, tank, seat, clocks, headlight, and exhaust obviously is a 4 into 1 on an F.Engine is different but will fit from a K to an F. Sounds like you want a K, I have an F and love it, but I would still prefer a K with 4 into 4..
Jim.
Title: Re:750SS vs F vs K
Post by: JonnyB on October 02, 2006, 09:48:53 PM
Do your home work, if your offered F2 spares, the Tank, seat and front end is compatible with the F1 but the swing arm is not, frame is different too.

Bits for the F are as rare as Rocking Horse Sh*te