Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: JustcallmeMrT on December 24, 2014, 02:08:20 PM

Title: Fork seal clips
Post by: JustcallmeMrT on December 24, 2014, 02:08:20 PM
Hi all, I've been working on my forks and they're coming along nicely. 
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/24/643d834751ee1975857474d6341e6402.jpg)
I've just sent my fork tubes to be re chromed and now I'm getting ready for the rebuild.  Can anyone tell me where I can find those wire clips that retain the fork seal?   The seals and dust caps are easy enough to find but can't seem to find those clips - mine were VERY rusted.
Title: Re: Fork seal clips
Post by: Trigger on December 24, 2014, 02:19:01 PM
You will not find new wire ones. Here is a better one that is used on the earlier Honda's >> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Internal-Circlips-30mm-120mm-/191429586946?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item2c9217b002
Title: Re: Fork seal clips
Post by: JustcallmeMrT on December 24, 2014, 03:31:25 PM
You will not find new wire ones. Here is a better one that is used on the earlier Honda's >> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Internal-Circlips-30mm-120mm-/191429586946?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item2c9217b002
Thanks Trig!  Do you know offhand which size I need? 
Title: Re: Fork seal clips
Post by: Trigger on December 24, 2014, 08:48:35 PM
48mm is what i have in my head ;)
Title: Re: Fork seal clips
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on December 25, 2014, 02:55:49 PM
If he says that then I would go for that
Cheers
Bitsa