Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: antonypo on December 31, 2014, 10:16:36 AM

Title: k4 fork oil amount
Post by: antonypo on December 31, 2014, 10:16:36 AM
As usual I'm in need of advice from you guys again.
In the Haynes manual it states that the dry fill cc or mill's of 10w/30 for the forks should be no more than 155. This doesn't seem much and there are other opinions on the net of 235mm.
Obviously theres a lot of people on here who have done this job - maybe not on a k4 particularly- and I would love your opinion before I complete the job after refurbishing the forks and seals.
Title: Re: k4 fork oil amount
Post by: BigAl (Alan) on December 31, 2014, 11:01:37 AM
You are correct, there is a discrepancy with the Haynes & Clymer manuals

Quote: Haynes -  K3-K5, 130-135cc SAE oil 10w-30w
Quote: Clymer -  K3-K5, 220-230cc SAE oil 10w-30w

I went with the Clymer spec, as the K3-K5 (American only bikes) are not covered in much detail in the Haynes manual.

Alan
Title: Re: k4 fork oil amount
Post by: antonypo on December 31, 2014, 11:21:28 AM
many thanks.
I was dying to get this done and on the bike today - great !
Title: Re: k4 fork oil amount
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on December 31, 2014, 01:04:58 PM
Anthony
My k2 has a k4 front end on it.I put in 155cc from dry and they seem to be ok with the normal push test with brake on etc but I have not been down the road yet for a proper test.I guess its a good starting point.
All the best
Bitsa