Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Eyeguy on December 31, 2014, 06:40:17 PM
-
Sort of back together, temporarily, at least. Although the rest of the bike has been repainted, it looks like the tank paint is original. I found the original receipt amongst the paperwork and it was supplied in yellow. As Mr Seeley was wont to do, the tank logo is sign written, NOT a transfer :o
(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7551/16157161222_13b5f5d5c2.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/qBKF8d)Seeley tank (https://flic.kr/p/qBKF8d) by atuttogas1958 (https://www.flickr.com/people/76341843@N02/), on Flickr
I had thought about repainting it in a sort-of Gulf Porsche colour scheme, pale blue and orange. But I now have a dilemma. I like originality wherever possible, so do I leave the tank as found and redo the rest, properly ( i.e. no stick-on pinstripes!)
(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7461/15972145597_c84efe7443.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/qkpqqD)Seeley tank (https://flic.kr/p/qkpqqD) by atuttogas1958 (https://www.flickr.com/people/76341843@N02/), on Flickr
what say the panel?
If its becoming boring, please say and I'll stop and maybe stick a couple of pics up when its all finished.
Cheers
ATG
Paul
-
Rule one on this forum, it's YOUR bike, your choice as to how it looks. If you plan on keeping it and enjoying it, paint it any colour you like, if you plan to sell it on to make a quick profit, keep it standard! ;D
-
well there you go said in a black and white way which I am all for ;)
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Ignore them not many bikes work in yellow but that one does
So yellow say I
Mick
-
I love it as-is...keep it yellow..!
-
Looks terrific, that's going to be a stunner when it's done.
-
No way I am knocking the yellow if thats what you think.The bike suits the colour as well as the f1 did.
All the best
Bitsa
-
Yellow gets my vote as well, keep the posts and pictures coming
pete
-
thanks for the input, everyone. Had visits from Marvo and Fryerk today, both of whom thought it should be kept yellow. Yellow it is, then!
Cheers
ATG
Paul
-
Yellow looks good .....
-
Yellow grows on you :)
If you get a chance to take pictures of fairing mountings, would be interested to see, as considering fitting one to my cafe racer CB750F1
-
I'd be happy to, Martin, or pop up and see it, I'm only twenty minutes away from you. Now you mention it, I bought a set of Jota bars and a nose fairing for my abortive (now unnecessary) F2 cafe project, I really must find and sell them!
Cheers
ATG
Paul
-
IT ONLY BLOODY WORKS!
Started it up just now, on the bench. Five year old petrol, started on the button. I'd forgotten how nice it is to work on a Honda, everything fits and it all works.
Off the bench and outside on Sunday
Cheers
ATG
Paul
-
Good stuff Paul, bet that Yoshi pipe sounds good - probably be able to hear it from my house!
Kevin
-
Happy days - Honda's are awesome...looking forward to seeing the pics out in the open...
-
This is terrific, what a lovely bike. What do you mean by questioning yellow, exactly ??? ?
Starting - video or we don't believe you (same as MrT and he obliged 8) )