Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Bodd on January 03, 2015, 11:03:04 AM

Title: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Bodd on January 03, 2015, 11:03:04 AM
Anyone got a spare £25,980 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Motorbike-CBX1000-BRAND-NEW-OLD-STOCK-/201237923398?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item2edab70646) ?
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on January 03, 2015, 02:38:25 PM
Yeah would have it in a flash if I were on my own or won last nights lottery.My sadly passed away young bruv had one of those and sold it cheap cos he could not keep up with the cost of rear tyres and again I was at the wrong time of life to buy it off him damn shame.
Some lucky soul will take that
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Nurse Julie on January 03, 2015, 04:00:22 PM
Could you not buy it for your wife as a pressie Bitsa ?. Tell her it's a sign of your appreiation of her over all these years and your undying love for her............and then not let her get near it  ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Trigger on January 03, 2015, 04:33:49 PM
Could you not buy it for your wife as a pressie Bitsa ?. Tell her it's a sign of your appreiation of her over all these years and your undying love for her............and then not let her get near it  ;D ;D ;D

You are a nasty woman Julie ;D but, Bitsa already has two bikes for his wife. Don't think he could get away with a third.

That CBX has been about for sale for the past couple of years now. Just a shame it is a later model.
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Nurse Julie on January 03, 2015, 04:52:40 PM
Could you not buy it for your wife as a pressie Bitsa ?. Tell her it's a sign of your appreiation of her over all these years and your undying love for her............and then not let her get near it  ;D ;D ;D



You are a nasty woman Julie ;D but, Bitsa already has two bikes for his wife. Don't think he could get away with a third.

That CBX has been about for sale for the past couple of years now. Just a shame it is a later model.
Me, nasty, never, havn't got a nasty bone in my body, until someone really winds me up  ;D ;D ;D
I don't know anything about the CBX's, In my mind not the prettiest of bikes out there, looks a bit big and lumpy.

Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Bodd on January 03, 2015, 04:54:05 PM
Just a shame it is a later model.

Later model ? They only made them from 1978 to 1982 and is a 1979 model.
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Nurse Julie on January 03, 2015, 04:57:07 PM
Also, why do they call it Brand New, Old Stock ............but Used ?
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: tom400f on January 03, 2015, 04:59:46 PM
Perhaps it is registered... Thing is, would you ever ride it? About twice the price of a decent (actually) used one.
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Bodd on January 03, 2015, 05:06:31 PM
In my mind not the prettiest of bikes out there, looks a bit big and lumpy.
They are so well balanced that they handle really well, especially the later version with the mono-shock, brakes aren't the best though.
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Nurse Julie on January 03, 2015, 05:10:10 PM
In my mind not the prettiest of bikes out there, looks a bit big and lumpy.
They are so well balanced that they handle really well, especially the later version with the mono-shock, brakes aren't the best though.

As much as I like old Honda's Iv'e never really liked the bigger new Honda's, that one is all a bit sit up and beg for my liking, would rather ride the R1
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Trigger on January 03, 2015, 05:12:33 PM
Just a shame it is a later model.

Later model ? They only made them from 1978 to 1982 and is a 1979 model.

I think it is Mr Yotto that has the late 1977 CBX 1000 Z with the nice 6 into six pipes.
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Bodd on January 03, 2015, 05:16:57 PM
would rather ride the R1

So would I, this one's mine, 1998 model, before they softened them up.
[attachimg=1]
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Trigger on January 03, 2015, 05:27:48 PM
This is better than a R1, and yes i had someone smack me from behind
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Nurse Julie on January 03, 2015, 05:36:34 PM
would rather ride the R1

So would I, this one's mine, 1998 model, before they softened them up.
(Attachment Link)
The one I ride is a 2001 carburetor model, I don't mind addmiting that I have never ridden it to anywhere near its capacity as the pulling power frightens me to death, and my brain just does not work that fast any more  ;D ;D ;D
I also had an Exup in the mid 90's, couldn't handle the power on that either, that's when I started buying new CBR 600's, plenty fast enough for me.
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Bodd on January 03, 2015, 05:37:30 PM
This is better than a R1, and yes i had someone smack me from behind

Not really my cup of tea, no wonder they only made 500  ;)  I know they made it a production bike to gain entry to World Superbikes but what are they like for spares etc. ?
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Trigger on January 03, 2015, 05:42:34 PM
This is better than a R1, and yes i had someone smack me from behind

Not really my cup of tea, no wonder they only made 500  ;)  I know they made it a production bike to gain entry to World Superbikes but what are they like for spares etc. ?

Spares available but, seat unit £1,780 and the tank is over £7K from Fowlers.
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Norniron on January 03, 2015, 05:46:35 PM
Anyway getting back to CBX.
The back wheel is too skinny
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Trigger on January 03, 2015, 05:49:34 PM
Anyway getting back to CBX.
The back wheel is too skinny

It's a late 70's bike all were skinny back then ;)
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Norniron on January 03, 2015, 05:55:50 PM
Anyway getting back to CBX.
The back wheel is too skinny

It's a late 70's bike all were skinny back then ;)
[/quote
Thats why they all need cafe racered.
Ha ha
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Bodd on January 03, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Spares available but, seat unit £1,780 and the tank is over £7K from Fowlers.

 :o :o :o :o

Back to CBX1000 for Norniron, here's a good article (http://www.vjmc.com/cbx1000history.html).
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Bodd on January 03, 2015, 06:16:42 PM
The one I ride is a 2001 carburetor model, I don't mind addmiting that I have never ridden it to anywhere near its capacity as the pulling power frightens me to death, and my brain just does not work that fast any more  ;D ;D ;D
I also had an Exup in the mid 90's, couldn't handle the power on that either, that's when I started buying new CBR 600's, plenty fast enough for me.

Best and safest way to be, always ride within your limits, the only time mine gets opened up proper is on track days.
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on January 03, 2015, 07:33:55 PM
Spares worth a fortune dont give a shite what year it is would have it.Sorry guys dont go for fairing clad boy racer bikes so an R1 to me is a newer Bazza sheene bike didnt like them either
I am who I am and try not be be a racer man clone sorry if this upsets some dont mean to but on this site I thought you could air your views and yes in that time the rear tyres were too small
Julie thanks for that but Trigs right she definatley would not buy that one
A convertable motor quite possible
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: UK Pete on January 03, 2015, 07:46:38 PM
When i look at the tyre on my rickman z1r it frightens me how skinny it is,
pete
Title: Re: NOS CBX1000
Post by: andy120t on January 14, 2015, 09:41:44 PM
...Sorry guys dont go for fairing clad boy racer bikes so an R1 to me is a newer Bazza sheene bike didnt like them either
I am who I am and try not be be a racer man clone sorry if this upsets some dont mean to but on this site I thought you could air your views....... Cheers
Bitsa


I'm with Bitsa on this one - my dream (modern) bike is a carb-fed streetfighter R1...stuff your poxy fairings...... :)