Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: rickni on January 04, 2015, 10:40:55 PM

Title: spark plugs cb550
Post by: rickni on January 04, 2015, 10:40:55 PM
Hello
What type of spark plugs suit this bike?
have cb550 k3 running keihin pd carbs originals to the bike,,

thanks
Title: Re: spark plugs cb550
Post by: Norniron on January 04, 2015, 10:42:11 PM
The ones I GAVE U
Title: Re: spark plugs cb550
Post by: Trigger on January 05, 2015, 08:43:22 AM
The ones i advised you to use  ;)
Title: Re: spark plugs cb550
Post by: rickni on January 05, 2015, 12:39:21 PM
Anybody got a cb550 running keihin pd carbs??
Gone tell me wat sparks ur runnin!!!! And is it runnin alright!!!!
Title: Re: spark plugs cb550
Post by: matthewmosse on January 05, 2015, 08:10:29 PM
I would personally suspect the carbs first, I always ran the plugs Dave Silvers sent out ( being dead lazy I just ring up, give bike reg no, have the parts they send , never do I do part numbers) in my k3 when it was running to no ill effect. I have had a few dud ngk plugs over the past few years where the spark seemed ok outside the cylinder but once run a few minutes the bike refused to run - new plug ( again) sorted it, or severe abraiding of the electodes - I never figured out the answer to why this was the case, but had it on several machines and with ngk plugs from several suppliers. Every time the plug seemed ok but refused to fire in the engine, re gapping - no efffect, swap plugs for new or known good, ran fine.
Title: Re: spark plugs cb550
Post by: andy_c101 on January 05, 2015, 08:29:52 PM
rick
sent you a PM, one some of my experiences with K3 carbs.
Andy
Title: Re: spark plugs cb550
Post by: totty on January 05, 2015, 08:37:59 PM
What is the problem? The common flat spot around 5k or something else?
Regarding plugs I tend to use NGK iridium on all my bikes, no noticeable benefit when everything's right but I've never had a bad one, I've never had one foul even when the mixtures been well out and they last ages.
Title: Re: spark plugs cb550
Post by: peterengland on January 06, 2015, 12:41:50 PM
I have the same bike and carbs, I run D7's don't run DR7's though. You can use D8's but mine runs best on the 7