Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: martin_uk on January 05, 2015, 10:10:13 AM

Title: Carb Porn
Post by: martin_uk on January 05, 2015, 10:10:13 AM
Thought you might enjoy  :-[

Fully undressed !

(http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/u60AAOxyUrZSrjPq/$_57.JPG)


(http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/dE4AAOSwr81UOxhJ/$_57.JPG)

(http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/dHMAAOSwr81UOxhL/$_57.JPG)

(http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/QAYAAOSwcu5UOxhL/$_57.JPG)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1970-76-Honda-CB750-Four-carbs-carburetors-Complete-restoration-Clear-Gold-/231443216061?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35e31736bd (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1970-76-Honda-CB750-Four-carbs-carburetors-Complete-restoration-Clear-Gold-/231443216061?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35e31736bd)

If you have a spare £500  :P
Title: Re: Carb Porn
Post by: Woodside on January 05, 2015, 11:09:20 AM
£350.....
£50 postage...doesn't seem to bad if you need a set considering real tatty a sets can fetch 200+

Could be a good investment ?
Title: Re: Carb Porn
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on January 05, 2015, 11:24:12 AM
Have to say awesome but could have fitted new boot covers though to show them finished
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Carb Porn
Post by: Sparrow1 on January 05, 2015, 02:52:53 PM
Beautiful job Martin - very impressive! I was a little nervous of fitting my K0 carbs with chromed caps and bowls but nice to see a few others have done so. I had little choice over mine as these overhauled carbs (exchanged with my originals) were already chromed.. Not standard I know. :o Just waiting for the airbox and other bits to come back from the painters.(http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u111/nwbarratt/IMG_0867_zps0e2bc0eb.jpg) (http://s166.photobucket.com/user/nwbarratt/media/IMG_0867_zps0e2bc0eb.jpg.html)
 Who did the work, yourself?

  Nige.
Title: Re: Carb Porn
Post by: martin_uk on January 05, 2015, 06:52:34 PM
Beautiful job Martin - very impressive! I was a little nervous of fitting my K0 carbs with chromed caps and bowls but nice to see a few others have done so. I had little choice over mine as these overhauled carbs (exchanged with my originals) were already chromed.. Not standard I know. :o Just waiting for the airbox and other bits to come back from the painters.[
 Who did the work, yourself?

  Nige.
Not my work, just saw whilst scanning Ebay
Title: Re: Carb Porn
Post by: martin_uk on January 05, 2015, 06:55:49 PM
£350.....
£50 postage...doesn't seem to bad if you need a set considering real tatty a sets can fetch 200+

Could be a good investment ?

Unfortunately, have to pay 20% VAT on top of purchase and postage plus £8 for post office to charge it !

Just had to pay £28 on £100 item with postage from US. :'(
Title: Re: Carb Porn
Post by: UK Pete on January 05, 2015, 07:10:15 PM
Yep that be serious carb porn, i have seen this seller before, he does a bloody good job, i bought a set of carbs from the us a while ago and the guy marked the value at 30usd so i got them straight through no customs or charges,
pete
Title: Re: Carb Porn
Post by: Sparrow1 on January 06, 2015, 08:04:48 AM
I think I also used the same guy Martin. He likes his chroming!!😳 mine are running fine, er...until they go out of tune again over a period of year.(1300 miles). I think the K0 carbs and they're cable set up leave them 'weak' in this area and will probably not worry about this so much - just the nature of these old style carbs. Wish I could fit the K1 set up.. Rather spoilt with my lovely '97 Blackbird!😀 God, Honda got this bike large bike right. Very clever. Good luck with the 750 and those carbs.
  Nige.
 
Title: Re: Carb Porn
Post by: royhall on January 07, 2015, 07:07:04 AM
Looking at the first picture with all the parts laid out. Nothing appears to be numbered or labelled. Personally wouldn't dream of rebuilding them without knowing I was putting all the parts back into the same carb they came out of. Is that me being over cautious or is that good practice, although I think he may know what he's doing. Bloody good finished item though, better than Honda managed when they were new. Shame he's not in the UK, would be looking at them in a heartbeat. If you need replacements £150 for carbs, 4 rebuild kits, ultrasonics, chroming, plating etc, you could easily get to that price. Why do it yourself?