Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Eyeguy on January 08, 2015, 07:06:14 PM

Title: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: Eyeguy on January 08, 2015, 07:06:14 PM
Well, here it is:


(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7549/15609736764_e181e0fb6d.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/pMnYUu)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/pMnYUu) by atuttogas1958 (https://www.flickr.com/people/76341843@N02/), on Flickr

(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7482/16231333892_bb2543dccc.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/qJiQ5m)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/qJiQ5m) by atuttogas1958 (https://www.flickr.com/people/76341843@N02/), on Flickr

(https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8666/15612297333_bbc6deae44.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/pMB75e)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/pMB75e) by atuttogas1958 (https://www.flickr.com/people/76341843@N02/), on Flickr


(https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8626/15609736124_966d51d7d5.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/pMnYHs)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/pMnYHs) by atuttogas1958 (https://www.flickr.com/people/76341843@N02/), on Flickr


I'm quite pleased with how it's come together, it starts easily and revs well, quite smoky, though  :-\

It hasn't been run for a looooooong time, so I'm planning to run it gently for a hundred or so miles before I start pulling off the head; sometimes hard seals soften up with use, he says, crossing fingers  ???

If anyone knows this bike, or wants to proffer any suggestions, feel free, knowledge is power and all that. I've really got no idea what lies beneath, its meant to be some sort of Yoshi engine, but you know how it goes ( don't forget, my old Dresda was owned by the Aga Khan, according to one sage I met!). It has much later forks, VFR750, I think, Grimace brakes, all really well done, I take no credit for it.

Hope you like it.

Oh, the side stand is far too short, I fitted the centre stand that came with it, but it fouls the pipe, of course!

Cheers

ATG
Paul
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: Eyeguy on January 08, 2015, 07:07:04 PM
hahaha! Grimace = Grimeca!
damn you, autocorrect!

P
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on January 08, 2015, 07:23:55 PM
Very nice Paul.

You should maybe talk to Westfieldandy.  I have a picture of his bike somewhere.

Paint the seat hump yellow to match!
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: tom400f on January 08, 2015, 07:38:09 PM
Wow what a beautiful thing.

Interesting site for the battery  ::)
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: Eyeguy on January 08, 2015, 07:42:04 PM
Yeah, Earth isnt a problem, there's a excellent ground  ::), but I'm going to need a longer positive lead, especially with the range of a five gallon tank.
ATG
Paul  ;D
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: Green1 on January 08, 2015, 08:59:57 PM
Love it
I could do with a 5 gallon tank I feel like I'm always filing up.

Mick
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on January 09, 2015, 09:39:31 AM
Looks nice any reason why the clocks are arse about face, mods etc?
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: Green1 on January 09, 2015, 10:21:39 AM
Trust you to pick fault with it Bitsa.  ;)

Mick
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on January 09, 2015, 12:45:22 PM
Mick
Not Faulting it he might like them that way.Someone noticed my side badges were the wrong way around though ;)
Cheers
Ralph
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: Eyeguy on January 09, 2015, 03:00:43 PM
It's how it came, Bitsa, who am I to change it!

Rode it round the block this morning. The carbs are c-l-o-g-g-e-d up, sadly :'( :'(
 It also has a wheelbase shorter than an Ant's roller skates, all very unlike a 'normal' CB750 ;)


Ahh well.

ATG
Paul
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on January 09, 2015, 03:10:41 PM
Keep persisting and all will be good.I clean all carbs even when PO say they have been done
Best of luck
Bitsa
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: Green1 on January 09, 2015, 07:27:24 PM
Mick
Not Faulting it he might like them that way.Someone noticed my side badges were the wrong way around though ;)
Cheers
Ralph

Who was that then Ralph  ;D

Mick
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on January 09, 2015, 08:07:32 PM
Probable you you git ;)
Cheers
Ralph
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: Erling on January 10, 2015, 08:45:55 AM
As for the short side stand one from a 500 is about about 1" longer.
In the day used a wooden block under the stand like your red box.
Rubberbands through a hole in it heaved it up for me to place over carburettor intakes!
By the way think Grimace brake is printed Grimeca!
   Youers Erling.
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: MCTID on January 10, 2015, 03:53:36 PM
Ooooeeer......the tailpiece is dreadful.....but the rest of the bike makes up for it. Stunning......looks like a proper bike should (in MHO). Battery propping up the side stand reminds me of a pal in the TA who had one leg slightly longer than the other which sparked some debate about having boots specially made.......which I promptly scuppered when I suggested that he just carry a kerbstone around with him and inserted it under his 'short leg' when resting.

Enjoy your lovely Seeley.
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: Erling on January 11, 2015, 07:43:22 AM
As for the feel of a short wheel base I added a link to the chain!
Youer Seeley indeed look taler as it needs a whole battery under side stand.
Centre stand only mounted when doing work on bike and kept upright for that with a strap up round the alternator!
   Erling.
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: royhall on January 11, 2015, 10:45:56 AM
Keep coming back to this thread for another look at the pictures. That thing is just bloody fabulous. Now where did I put that cheque book.
Title: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: JamesH on January 11, 2015, 01:25:23 PM
Yep, gotta agree the more I look at this bike the more I love it. Can't put my finger on it, it's just a bit 'special'....keep the updates coming and thanks for sharing...
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: Green1 on January 11, 2015, 03:23:46 PM
Yep totally agree love this bike.

Mick
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: Woodside on January 11, 2015, 03:29:34 PM
Here you go guys

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C538361
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: Green1 on January 11, 2015, 03:47:13 PM
I want a yellow one  :)
Its also got to be cheap   ;D

Mick
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: hairygit on January 11, 2015, 04:52:00 PM
But the clocks are the right way round on that German one, left hand drive? :)):)):))
Title: this left side Rev counter thing
Post by: Eyeguy on January 11, 2015, 10:22:28 PM
It was clearly built to be raced at Monza!

Thank you for the nice comments, much appreciated.

Now, what I really need is a four foot long sidestand....

Cheers

ATG
Paul
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: Nurse Julie on January 12, 2015, 10:17:18 AM
How about making something telescopic ?
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: UK Pete on January 12, 2015, 10:49:11 AM
How about making something telescopic ?

I have seen an adjustable side stand recently and i cant remember where, but they do exist, however to lengthen a side stand would be easy enough
pete
Title: Re: Seeley in the sunshine!
Post by: MarkCR750 on January 13, 2015, 08:13:53 PM
Terrific looking machine, will be amazing once you've given it a good shake down.