Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Lynx on January 13, 2015, 11:18:13 AM

Title: Simple Kill Switch Question
Post by: Lynx on January 13, 2015, 11:18:13 AM
I've finally started the restoration on the switch gear PDAY sent me for my 400. My question is does the kill switch pry off OK? I didn't want to try, and break it without asking. Seems pretty solid.

Cheers
Steve
Title: Re: Simple Kill Switch Question
Post by: Lobo on January 13, 2015, 02:49:37 PM
Bloody hell... I surprise myself sometimes .... (ie finding this within my comp)

Good luck,
Simon


http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=op0qhav434uu50ep21pjsf2bi0&topic=80532.0
Title: Re: Simple Kill Switch Question
Post by: Lynx on January 13, 2015, 03:41:52 PM
That's brilliant! Thanks for that Lobo.
Title: Re: Simple Kill Switch Question
Post by: PDAY on January 13, 2015, 04:48:09 PM
Bloody hell... I surprise myself sometimes .... (ie finding this within my comp)

Good luck,
Simon


http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=op0qhav434uu50ep21pjsf2bi0&topic=80532.0

If I'd found this before I might have rebuilt the switches instead of replacing them. Lynx, hope the switches work out okay.

Paul
Title: Re: Simple Kill Switch Question
Post by: Trigger on January 13, 2015, 05:14:59 PM
Great link Simon. Never found that link before.
Title: Re: Simple Kill Switch Question
Post by: Drew400 on January 14, 2015, 09:06:09 AM
Gosh, wish I'd found that great link before embarking on the procedure on a wing and a prayer! I think I've put it all back together OK, but I may live to regret that statement when I finally get around to re-fitting the battery and turning the ignition key... in some week's time.  At least I have no left over springs and ball bearings (that I know of).

Cheers all and good luck Steve,

D.
Title: Re: Simple Kill Switch Question
Post by: Lynx on January 14, 2015, 09:09:12 AM
It's all apart and in the dishwasher. If I had a dog, one spring would have hit it. I did find it again though! 😊
Title: Re: Simple Kill Switch Question
Post by: Lobo on January 14, 2015, 02:14:10 PM
Can't remember if it's in the article.... but a great tip I read was to dismantle such things on a white bath towel etc. Oh, and well away from open drains, fire places etc!